Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - afterMonday

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I just got my first ipod..
« on: September 19, 2006, 02:03:11 am »
I got the 30gb.


I'll not assume anything and just suggest some bands and you can tell me if I'm close.  If you like any of these I know other bands you've never heard of that you'll probably like:

Belle & Sebastian
Blur
Elastica
Oasis (fuck you, they're good)
Pulp
Travis
Radiohead
Spoon
My Bloody Valentine
Fugazi (most indie band ever)



Belle & Sebastian, Radiohead, My Bloody Valentine and Fugazi


Also, thank you to everyone who is suggesting artists.  I love getting new music.  =)

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: I just got my first ipod..
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:42:36 pm »
I usually tend to lean more towards a lot of indie stuff and folk.


I did look at those threads but I'll go back and look them over again to see if I missed anything.

3
Arts & Entertainment / I just got my first ipod..
« on: September 18, 2006, 08:58:16 pm »
But I want to put some new music on it aswell as the stuff I already knew about....


Any suggestions?

4
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Oink invites
« on: September 15, 2006, 10:50:54 am »
=)  I got the invite.

At thanksgiving, this is going to be what I say I'm thankful for.


so..thanks!

5
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Oink invites
« on: September 14, 2006, 09:56:09 pm »
I would like that.  =)

the email address is like my other one just at gmail.com.

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: The Soundtrack to Your Funeral
« on: September 14, 2006, 08:08:46 pm »
The Shining by Badly Drawn Boy would probably go on the list, In Metal by Low would probably follow, Hoppipolla by Sigur Rós would come after that and there'd be a mixture of Iron & Wine, The Mountain Goats, Rufus Wainwright, Simon & Garfunkel and Peter Salett.  People should dance at my funeral.  I definitely would, if I wasn't dead..

I'd probably use some Bonnie Prince Billy aswell.  Wilco too....

Jeez, that'll be a long funeral. 

7
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Tom & Jerry, The Lost Episodes
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:26:56 pm »
Our school had a Pokemon phase which, within a few months, turned into a YoYo phase. 

I don't know if I see the link, though I did and still do love YoYos.

8
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Oink invites
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:07:33 pm »
yeah, that's the right email address...I don't know why it didn't work.  There isn't anything in the spam folder and it doesn't delete anything in there for 5 days or something.

I have a gmail account if that would work better, but you don't have to send another one if you don't want to. 

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Oink invites
« on: September 14, 2006, 10:41:42 am »
I sent ms "tuesday" an invie, as she requested. I have gone out on a limme for her.


I didn't get it..   =(



Also, I spent a better portion of yesterday studying for a history exam and now I can't remember any of it. eek

10
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Oink invites
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:45:32 am »
Definitely a typo. =)


Sorry about that, it was 2 in the morning and my eyes were still kind of messed up from my eye exam that had happened a few hours earlier. 

11
People & Places / Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:57:44 am »
Thanks.



I'm actually getting a pair within the next couple of days.

woo for deteriorating vision.

12
People & Places / Re: Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:31:35 am »
hah, that seems fitting.   =]



After Monday is actually a song by an Alternative/Folk- type artist named Lisa Germano.  I strongly suggest the album that song is featured on to everyone who likes that kind of music. 

13
People & Places / Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:25:30 am »
I'm not exactly used to it, so it didn't really hit me.


I'm Sarah-  and I'm completely exausted and should be /asleep/ right now.

14
Arts & Entertainment / Re: last.fm
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:12:02 am »
I signed up for last.fm and wasn't very happy with the results.


I'm not sure exactly why, it just seems weird to me.

15
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Oink invites
« on: September 13, 2006, 05:08:11 am »
An Oink invie sent this way would be extremely appreciated..


Could you please send me one?

Pages: [1]