Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Alternate

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Achewood / Re: One way to screen potential employers
« on: April 29, 2009, 01:01:19 am »
Gothic dancing is actually the only dancing I know how to do, it's a problem at weddings. 

2
Wild Card / Re: Today I'm gonna...
« on: April 27, 2009, 09:17:12 pm »
"Yeah, I really like these guys, they've got sort of a post-fuzzcore sound in a kind of hazegazey shoe-fi way."

Actually, this sounds like the perfect kind of music.  If there were any post-fuzzcore hazegazey shoe-fi playing near me I would definitely rock out to it tonight. 

Writing about music is like tap dancing about architecture. 

Yes, and tap dancing about architecture is an awesome idea.  Maybe I'm just automatically in favor of all random strings of words?  It could be. 

3
Achewood / Re: July 30, 2007 New Saddest Thing Strip
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:16:32 pm »
Eh, cartilage head and face-ripping may be grosser, but this is more gratuitously gross.  The former were poetic and surreal in their grossness, but this just layers it on without accomplishing anything.  In his heart, Onstad knows the saddest thing will always be a retarded man cradling a broken egg and crying.  He can't beat that one for poignancy, so he throws in gore, hoping if he just grosses us out enough then we won't notice what's lacking.  Basically this strip is the Titus Andronicus of saddest thing strips.

4
Are some names... crimes? 

5
Also, is that a tail on molly? That's a nice detail.

My problem with her tail is that it is in the exact same position under the blankets when she is lying facing the other way, three years earlier. 

6
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Such Drama
« on: June 23, 2007, 10:29:33 am »
I made all my housemates watch the prairie dog video.  I built it up so much that the video was not funny to them, but the fact that I couldn't stop laughing about it became second-hand hilarious.

7
Thursday:  Roast Beef runs his sword through the drapes, only to discover that the hidden fee was actually the father of the bride.  Molly goes insane with grief and drowns herself.

Friday:  After Roast Beef's descent into madness and subsequent assassination, his hordes of mercenaries roam the underground looking for a new leader.  They spot the shoes under the curtain, drag the hidden fee out from behind the drapes, and then crown the fee as the new emperor of Rome.  The fee reigns prudently for many years, only to be succeeded by a sadistic fiddler.

8
Wild Card / Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« on: June 13, 2007, 03:28:18 pm »
I think you're talking about my post and the brief sub-discussion about gender dynamics that ensued. 

Personally, my parents were naked, hairy hippies, so I was actually surprised to grow up and learn that pubic hair was hypothetically unattractive.  Although it did take me quite a while to figure out that women aren't naturally shaped like underweight boys with fake breasts.  But then again I was an unusually neurotic kid. 

9
Wild Card / Re: ...Brazilian? What the hell?
« on: June 11, 2007, 01:41:37 pm »
Jesus.  Thank god I'm twenty-six, and only have to be tragically unhip for another four years.

I think an integral and defining characteristic of the Brazilian is violent hair removal. If you tried to do that to a dog, you'd get arrested.

From now on I'm not going to do anything to myself that it would be illegal to do to a dog.  Except give myself drugs, get myself laid, and make myself go to grad school. 

10
People & Places / Re: Man, now what am I gonna do?
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:51:03 am »
I once accidentally took a thirteen hour nap at school.  So maybe the "at school" part counts for an extra two hours, and we are tied.

11
Achewood / Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
« on: June 07, 2007, 10:15:16 pm »
if he was outside the Undergorund on business, why wasn't he wearing a hull?

Okay.  I've reconsidered, and determined that

A) Beef is probably going to Good Vibrations in that strip. 
B) If Beef can go to Good Vibes without being thrown out for being a cat, the same is probably true of Tiffany's. 

So you win this time, Oball.  But I'll be back.

12
Achewood / Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:46:22 pm »
Perhaps he was wearing a hull, avoiding notice by disguising himself as a common housecat. 

A common housecat standing on a stool.

13
Achewood / Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
« on: June 07, 2007, 06:38:49 am »
Maybe he is standing on a stool. 

14
Achewood / Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
« on: June 07, 2007, 04:51:47 am »
Hmm, could be.  And now that I think about it again, Beef does seem to think the rubber kid rock ruse would work.  Although he's also afraid that the Tiffany's people will throw a shoe at him.  I'm only afraid of someone throwing a shoe at me if that person is maybe ten times as big as I am. 

15
Achewood / Re: 6.04.07 - lure me out with a rubber Kid Rock CD
« on: June 07, 2007, 01:30:32 am »
While some franchises, like Subway, have Underground equivalents, others, like American Idol, do not.  It definitely could be that there's an Underground Tiffany's, but my theory is that this is not the case.  I think this because luring someone away with a rubber toy seems to be what humans do to cats, and not what cats do to other cats. 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10