Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - troublecat

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / Re: A music video...
« on: September 10, 2007, 10:14:06 pm »
Jonathan Coulton does the best version of Baby Got Back ever.

It is amazing.

Truer words have never been spoken.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ltjbnyvq_SI

2
Arts & Entertainment / Re: A music video...
« on: September 07, 2007, 09:48:17 pm »
That's the best thing I've seen all week!

I love Jonathan Coulton lots.  But not in a weird way.

3
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Andy Kaufman...
« on: September 07, 2007, 09:44:21 pm »
I got really excited in 2004, since it was the twentieth anniversary of his death (AK having said that if he faked his death, he'd come back twenty years later).  When he didn't come back, I thought maybe he did actually fake his death, but then managed to accidentally die while waiting for the twenty years to be up.  That would suck.

But yeah, there's always that crazy glimmer of hope that somewhere, Andy Kaufman is still alive, and laughing at all the people who think he's dead.  It's a nice thought.

4
Sports & Leisure / Re: Underappreciated Videogames
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:43:04 pm »
Oh man, am I the only one who thinks the Wii is kind of overloved?

I bought one back in February, thinking "This is going to be the greatest thing EVAR!"  Fast forward about a month, and it's collecting dust.

It might just be the lack of games, though.  The only thing that I'm really interested in that I don't already have is Cooking Mama, and I don't think that I'm $50 worth of interested (even though I love the DS version muchly).

5
Sports & Leisure / Re: Underappreciated Videogames
« on: August 08, 2007, 08:30:33 pm »
so, um, I want to play these cute games you are talking about. Unfortunately the last nintendy system we have is the 64.

"Nintendy."

I love that.

There's a Harvest Moon for N64 ( http://www.digitpress.com/DP/cmf/game.cmf?gameid=11785 ), but it's a pretty uncommon find (and pricey).

6
Sports & Leisure / Re: Underappreciated Videogames
« on: August 07, 2007, 10:06:48 pm »
Oh man, what platform did you play Harvest Moon on?  I played it on our game cube until it just seemed that nothing was happening, then gave up... does your kid ever grow up?  Get married?  I wanted to know, but just wasn't willing to invest the time.  I put so much time into milking cows and bringing the chickens in and out.

I have two GameCube versions (A Wonderful Life and Another Wonderful Life), but I haven't played them yet.  I've played it on SNES and GBA (Friends of Mineral Town), and both of those versions allow you to get married and have kids (they stay small on the SNES version, but they grow up a little bit in the GBA version).  The main character, as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to age any.  I could just be unobservant, though.

7
Sports & Leisure / Re: Underappreciated Videogames
« on: August 05, 2007, 09:07:41 pm »
Harvest Moon.

I know, I know.

There's a bajillion sequels to it, so it can't be *that* underappreciated, but everyone I ask about it seems to hate it.

I think there's something to be said about a game where you start playing, and think, "This has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever played;" then you look up, and eight hours have gone by in what seems to be an instant, all while you've been taking care of your little farm and trying to woo the pink-haired girl.

8
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What's your favorite Kids In The Hall sketch?
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:48:02 pm »
My absolute favorite is the one where Gavin tells the story about the guy who not only smokes, but also taught his dog to smoke (and the dog would go door-to-door, begging for cigarettes).

The "Thirty Helens Agree" where they agree to disagree was pretty sweet, too.

Oh!  And I almost forgot!  "Never Put Salt in Your Eyes."  So good.

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: What What (In the Butt)
« on: February 22, 2007, 09:23:42 pm »
Oh, good, it's not just me spreading the plague that is this video.

I kind of liked that, if only for the line "If you want, I will give you power." As if he is some kind of ancient butt-wizard offering a Faustian bargain.

You owe me a fresh Coke and a new monitor.

10
Arts & Entertainment / Re: The next "Lazy Sunday"
« on: December 21, 2006, 03:01:09 am »
IIRC, it was "It's my BEEP in a box."

"Lazy Sunday," while super funny, took a lot of its video cues from (also with a touch of Andy Samberg) "Just 2 Guyz" ( http://thelonelyisland.com/just2guyz.html ).

Pages: [1]