Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - coldfrog

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
DO NOT TAKE ME SO SERIOUSLY

It's bad for my self image

2
People & Places / Re: Chatroom & TOUAMBIES 07
« on: April 30, 2007, 08:22:37 am »
I'd just like to point out that I only hate kittens when they get hit by cars and make little girls cry and teenagers kill their parents.  Otherwise they are OK.

3
This was added just in time for people getting high RIGHT THIS MINUTE to post all their great ideas about the storyline.

4
Achewood / Re: 2007-04-30 Who is the Cat with the Bone in His Hat...
« on: April 30, 2007, 08:06:02 am »
At first, I thought that Ray was coming to a Philip K Dick-esque realization about the nature of reality, all gnostic and psychotic-breaky, in the first few panels and then... I realized he was LITERALLY talking about a road that plays music.

All pulling into the EZ-Pass lane, turning off the stereo, and the strains of Iron Maiden's "Number Of the Beast" all vibrating the entire vehicle while four small children in the car ahead of you cry and their bumper sticker saying "Abortion Stops a Beating Heart" falls off and disintegrates.

Road sign all reading:
Speed Limit: 78 RPM

5
Achewood / Re: 30 March 2007 - Gary Sinise definitely that guy is ice
« on: March 30, 2007, 11:40:12 am »
Once again, a strip in which Ray Gets Things Done (TM).

I am amused that the first two people that Ray thinks of are Ellen (who is far past hot at the moment) and the Yankees (who are in pre-season and therefore not really that interesting).  I believe American Idol is actually going on right now, but it still only pulled third billing.

6
Achewood / Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:20:31 am »
He must be a wagon wheel hubcap carver from Oregon Trail 3.

Canned for completing the link from andy kaufman to Oregon Trail.
Hiram the Bartender offers you a drink.  Do you accept?

7
Achewood / Re: March 29, 2007 - Andy Kaufman good
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:17:03 am »
Not in that highest tier with John Lennon, Kurt Vonnegut, Axl Rose and Philip K Dick...

Lennon, vonnegut, Philip K, OK, I'm good, I'm on the level here, all worthy as respectable and worthy people to model a life after (in general).  I fail to understand how being kind of annoying sounding and doing mostly so-so songs fits in with these others.  I mean, OK, he did write some good songs, but (and I confess to not know much about him) what has he done to put him in this top level?

8
Then you'd have to include 'whilst' also.

As well as "Forthwith."

9
I love the fact that Onstad is using gay porn to serve as the common comparison in personalities between the different characters.  Most literary types would use the reaction to something ordinary such as a funeral or an expensive hamburger, but nothing brings out the true character like a man and his buddy watching another man suddenly start playing the lady's role.

10
Achewood / Re: 23 March 2007 - A nearby town?!
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:11:11 am »
"Calamari Wrestlers"? I have to see it.

I must see it NOW.   NETFLIX DELIVER!

11
Achewood / Re: March 22, 2007 - All For the Love of Belforan Mews
« on: March 22, 2007, 08:33:17 am »
I don't know about "getting" the strip, but the humor I find comes from the arbitrariness of the labels and titles on these things.  It seems very Python-esque.  Just select something that seems obscurely respectable and stick a little gay porn inside, and voila!  Instant nonsense!

However, if he IS specifically trying to make fun of something, my guess is the way that a lot of popular movies these days like to add to their labels things like "Unrated Version" and "1100 never before seen special features and commentary with the head gaffer" and such things as if to suggest that these things actually make the movie better, let alone worth paying anything to watch.

12
People & Places / Re: Hello, I suppose?
« on: March 16, 2007, 05:11:47 am »
Is your screenname pronounced "Teh-ah-tim-eh"?  if not, it should be.

13
Sports & Leisure / Re: I don't have March Madness
« on: March 16, 2007, 05:09:32 am »
I just have regular madness, but that means that I sometimes attend a sports event at my college.  Also I was in the band so I kind of got force-fed football and basketball with a freezing cold saxophone shaped spoon.

14
Achewood / Re: 15 March 2007 -- Once More, With Relevance!
« on: March 16, 2007, 02:28:41 am »
In 2035 when the US is a Christianity-run monarchy, they will re-dub the words in the flagpole scene of A Christmas Story so that ralphie will say "I <Christian> Dare you!" and of course there is nothing you can do but do it because if you don't Jesus will come to your bedroom at night and flay you alive.

15
Roast Beef Kazenzakis -

a beer fizzes; Oak tanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10