Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Arachno-capitalist

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 227
1
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: February 20, 2015, 03:04:06 pm »
Hector: Mr. Hanna, what can I bring for you on this glorious afternoon?
Mark Hanna: Well, Hector here's the game plan. You're gonna bring us two Absolut martinis, you know how I like 'em, straight up.
[he gives Hector some money]
Mark Hanna: And then precisely in seven and one half minutes after that you're gonna bring us two more. And then two more after that every five minutes until one of us passes the fuck out.
[Jordan laughs]
Hector: Excellent strategy, sir.
Jordan Belfort: Oh, I'm...I'm good with water for now though. Thank you.
[to Hector]
Mark Hanna: It's his first day on Wall Street, give him time.



Yeah. It is a fuck you Friday. I waited in my director's office for 3 hours because he wanted to teach me a lesson about waiting for money. Fuck to the You.

2
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:21:10 am »
This album is mind-blowing. All the pictures included on the Voyager probe that we launched into space in the 70s. Teared up a little thinking about all that exists here and how beautiful our home is.
Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJoMDq4AyLc   Top Gear's U-2 flight. I wept inside knowing I will likely not live long enough to wear to see something like that in person.

3
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:17:39 am »
AW: Re: Skunk spray. Did you know that cats can do basically the same things? If feeling extremely threatened they can point shoot a potent smell of urea and fatty stank oils.

4
Achewood / Re: Portland Soda Works
« on: February 07, 2015, 05:29:32 pm »
If you miss those Onstad turns of phrase, couple of these blog posts for his company are entertaining
https://www.popart.com/blog/chris-onstad
So does this mean I can hire him to print a cookbook? I wonder what the going rate is. I got my pdf printed at Staples for a couple dollars, but that is a sorry excuse.

5
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: February 07, 2015, 03:22:28 pm »
so.... why wasn't the first question "Acap, who signed this?"
There were a bunch of these trick questions to make sure I was being truthful. The rest of it was pedantic explanations of the machinations of how loans worked at the defunct bank. I don't think it would have caught anyone's attention if he stuck to just loaning himself money. He got in the mud when he started loaning to every developer who walked in the door and the only payments on the loan were to him. Beats me why some dudes suck. Sure isn't my scene.

6
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: February 06, 2015, 07:19:43 pm »
SEC hearing about a bank I used to do business with was pushed to Monday. I mentioned this before. It turns out that loaning yourself an unlimited line of credit and signing it to yourself is a Bad Idea. I guess some houses in Va Beach got built out of it. See you in hell, brosef.
The last time I had to do this went:
Person Asking Questions: ACap is this your signature?
Acap: No. I made this document at the request of *** and handed it off as a matter of protocol.
Person Asking Questions: Acap, we know you didn't sign this. Tell us who did.

7
People & Places / Re: I wasn't even going to make one of these.
« on: February 05, 2015, 07:31:00 pm »
I got a signed Rand auto-biography. sure said had some sexy times. And some dope tickets to red lobster. (I'll be using the $5 check towards sushi. I will consume sushi at unsusustainable levels.

8
Sports & Leisure / Re: Fantasy Football '14
« on: February 02, 2015, 11:07:05 pm »
That was a great game but, boy-howdy, were the commercials a big fat bag of cow-flop.
Nationnnwiddeee your kids will dieeee

9
People & Places / Re: I am ART!
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:36:14 pm »
That is terrifying.
I guess terrifying means Awesome where you're from. Paul is already a meme, now he's a piece of art.

10
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: January 27, 2015, 06:23:29 pm »
Fun Fact:  The Career Counselor at my law school is Tom Cruise's first cousin.  Also, entirely useless.
Fun Fact: I had a class that included both Mary Kate Olsen, Haley Joel Osment, and I was dragged to a talent show where the lady gaga (then known as Stefani Germanotta) performed a better song than anything she made after her name changed. The class was screenwriting and the only class I attended at Tisch School of The Arts. There are roughly three different buildings called Tisch Hall and I spent a day finding which Tisch that class was in.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM
The host was a tool.
There was a time when all three of those people and ACAP occupied the same space. In a distant fourth place was my roommate who majored in the euphonium and had a nervous breakdown due to euphonium related stress. Of the four, I count myself as #1. Mary Kate, Haley (who traveled with some posse of hangers-on, the gaga, and the euphonium dude haven't done shit with that screenwriting class. Neither have I, but that is besides the point.

11
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:03:47 pm »
Re: Limp c*ck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEsZkTTgydc
Farewell sweet prince.

12
Wild Card / Re: Do we have a "Random" thread?
« on: January 24, 2015, 03:08:14 pm »
Missing Pugboat. Looking at you, wombat.

13
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: January 24, 2015, 03:05:41 pm »
Most of NYC is dead easy to get around - it's a grid and the streets are numbered. What's so hard?

Wait till you go to Tokyo. Even natives get lost in Tokyo.
Yeah the grid falls apart at critical intersections downtown, though. I can generally find my location by looking at what avenue and street I am, but then comes 6th ave (The avenue of the Americas) or Broadway. Those obliques mess my step up and I just look for the nearest subway. (Subway NYC is one of the few instances where capitalism proved how dumb we are. There are redundant North-South lines built by competing companies, but hardly any East-West lines.) 

14
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »
TIL: I walk an 8 minute mile. As part of my new year's resolution to "walk more" I got off a stop early from the train and hoofed it to work. I learned two things. The pace of the city is like the NJ Parkway. If you're not doing 80, you are slowing people down. If you aren't walking an 8 minute mile, you are slowing people down. Second, if you are not moving at all, say standing on a corner, you are probably breaking the law. Sidewalks in the city are ways of transport. If you are not transporting, you are either a drug dealer, prostitute, a counterfeit hawker, a cop, a guy selling loosies, or a homeless person. There is no legitimate reason to be not moving and standing in NYC.

15
Wild Card / Re: Oh no you dint!
« on: January 13, 2015, 04:11:32 pm »
Anyone who has ever used mass city transportation knows that you let the goers go before the comers come. Because I'm used to his ritual of getting lost in hotels, it gives me a few minutes to grab a complimentary bagel and coffee. He has also been known to "forget" that he has a rental car and just leaves it at the hotel and shuttles to the airport. Our company has crazy blanket insurance that goes full bore automatically when we rent a car. We could literally leave it in a flaming pile of metal on the side of the highway. I assume the rental agency sends someone out to recover the car, but we've never heard any negative feedback. We're usually loaded when it comes time to bring the car back anyway, but on the occasion we actually make it to the airport with the car he has a habit of doing donuts around the giant parking lot where all the rental places are congregated. He then hands the keys to whoever tells him to knock it off, whether it was their car or not. Drew is a man who is merely a passenger on this planet with bosses that have no clue what it is he does all day. From what I gather from other inhabitants of the risk analysis pod, he spends 10 hours a day looking at spreadsheets that he has already programmed to automatically update his reports the moment he turns on his workstation and then he e-mails them out at the end of the day.

Me: Drew, I don't know what you do when we're not together. But the shit I see you do is beyond bizarre and without explanation. What is your deal?
Drew: I don't know, ACAP. Honestly my uncle set up an interview with a small DC consulting firm that was absorbed by our firm. So I just show up to work, then I go home and feed my cat. If I'm not working or feeding my cat, I'm just enjoying the ride.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 227