Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - iron_felix

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25
1
Achewood / Re: 18th November 2016: Oh, just hee hee
« on: November 18, 2016, 07:24:00 pm »
Looks like we got us a story arc!  "New Achewood" couldn't remain a series of zero-continuity vignettes forever.

I don't even care if it's just wacky stoner hijinks.  I think I mentioned this before once, but did anyone think this would turn into the Great Outdoor Fight?  Hope springs eternal.

It's been a long time since we heard beef's oh hee hee but I didn't realize just how much play it got over the years.

This is the one that immediately came to mind for me.  And for Onstad, presumably, given Beef's Mickey penis eyes.

2
RIP Leonard Cohen.

Kind of old news at this point, but might as well take the chance to put on the old workout tape one more time.

3
Achewood / Re: Come-down latte and candle meditation - Nov 11 2016
« on: November 14, 2016, 01:13:36 am »
I guess it's always been clear that they're literal cats, but the strip acknowledges it infrequently enough that it feels weird whenever it does.  Is the underground still a thing?  Occasionally we get hints that it is, but then blackmailing Simon Le Cowell into a talking-animal porno shoot is a completely feasible plan.

4
Achewood / Re: 26th August 2016:I hope it does not become a meme
« on: August 26, 2016, 10:41:55 am »
Not the first time Todd has spontaneously awesomed himself to death.

I don't think we've seen Todd up close like this before.  It's weird to see actual perspective on a character design that's basically a shadow puppet.

5
For reference: A dream begins.  He still has the shirt.

Eleven years on, Todd remains a crappy little bullshit man.

6
Achewood / Re: 15th April 2016 - I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO THIS
« on: April 18, 2016, 12:31:18 pm »
Perhaps Molly has been written out of the strip due to Onstad's IRL lady situation?  If that's the case we may never get an in-universe explanation.

I never felt like Molly was meant to be a stand-in for Liz, though (this was probably the closest we came to that), so who knows?

7
Sports & Leisure / Re: What about it, boys (and girls) of summer?
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:57:06 am »
If you all haven't drafted yet I'd like to get back into this.  I'll need to make a new account; my old one seems to be trapped in Yahoo! Purgatory after so many years of disuse.

8
Second time this month Onstad has examined the subject of c*ckes and related anatomy.  You couldn't truly say Achewood was back until he did.  I had no idea how much I'd been missing this.

Re: taint nomenclature:  In high school we would refer to it as the "gooch."

9
People & Places / Re: TOAMB Convention
« on: July 14, 2012, 06:55:17 pm »
are you on the face place

I haven't updated it in like a year and a half.  Paul has my number.  At least, I think he does; the message doesn't show up in my outbox for some reason.

10
People & Places / Re: TOAMB Convention
« on: July 13, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »
or atlanta?

I should be passing through Atlanta on Monday July 15. Will you be around then?

yep, but monday's the 16th. PM me, we'll chat

Yep, the 16th. I should be there in the afternoon.

I'm also in Atlanta and free on the 16th.  PM me, both of you.

11
Achewood / Re: June 20th, 2012 - Cease the rannygazoo
« on: June 20, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »
He doesn't have a lot of lines here, but I still don't know if Onstad has got Mr. Bear's "voice" back yet.  He's got Beef down, though.  I found myself looking up "muttershanks" to see if it was a real thing, and then wishing it were.

Altimeter Tim actually reminds me a lot of Ray in a "being in trouble is a fake idea" kind of way.  Is this conversation really happening, or is Ray still partying, in a medical sense?  I guess it says something about Ray's character that you can't really tell if he's back to normal.

Also, it's good to see FLUT make another appearance.  It's been a while.  PHAP! is great too, and apparently new.

12
Achewood / Re: 19th May 2012 - Can't you SEE?!
« on: May 21, 2012, 08:27:41 pm »
Which has the most intellectually toxic commenting culture?

These are Mr. Bear's first appearances in almost two years, apart from that one blog post, so I just assumed a dude had gotten rusty.  I like Smells' theory, though, that he's just getting his own back at a bunch of bitchy Portlanders.  In any case, "having half one's eyes on" is a vintage-style Onstadism and more than makes up for the weaker dialogue.

13
Achewood / Re: 3rd April 2012 - Step on over here, pepperfoot!
« on: April 05, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
Hey, new Achewoods!  Awesome!
For the record, this is basically the exact story arc I wanted to happen back when Ray got beaned in that softball game.  Better late than never.

I like how the janitor cat actually is Roast Beef, just with different eyes and hair.

14
I should probably de-lurk before this thing takes off without me.  I'm kind of tired of the old Phlogistons moniker, though.  This year my team will be Fun on Mars.

15
Achewood / Re: The Cure
« on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:01 am »
You missed one:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05242005
Inside the Volvo of Despair

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25