Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - fishman35

Pages: [1]
1
Arts & Entertainment / Jam bands
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:30:12 am »
I just came to say how much I hate "jam" bands like Widespread Panic and Phish. You have to be high to listen to 20 minutes of the same god$amn 4 bars. Now before you hippies jump up to say "they are awesome musicians", don't waste your breath. I know they can play, but if I want to listen to great musicians I will listen to Rush, Kings X, or Primus. At least every one of their songs aren't the same freaking 3 chords for 15 minutes. Sheese! And there is something else you should know. I play 4 instruments, sing, write, and you may have even seen me in music videos. (Session player and hired gun after doing the club thing). Songs should kick your ass and then be done, not ride a so-so groove all afternoon.  ???

Go ahead and spew. The so-called sell out bands like Nickelback, Velvet Revolver, and Filter will just keep making hit records while jam bands have their day at Bonaroo.  ;D

Pages: [1]