Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - JBB

Pages: [1]
1
Achewood / The JBB "More Science" song.
« on: August 19, 2003, 06:34:26 pm »
Quote from: "Limmo"
Best song that didn't have anything to do with Achewood : John Benjamin Band


I thank you sir, for your kind words. I would like to say that the song *is* indeed inspired by Achewood, being written from the good cat Roast Beef's point of view.

The lines about having a rocket to reach the moon, having a t-3 inside of oneself, trying not to hear what the ***** said, and not quitting 'til I'm ten times dead-- all are directly inspired, though not absolutely detail-correct, from Achewood events.

The rest of the lyrics are a general idea of what it might be like to be Roast Beef the cat, a comic, tragic figure memorably evoked through Chris Onstad's little Internet drawings.

I chose not to directly cite Achewood because, well, I figured everybody else was gonna do that.

Thanks again for liking the song.

JB

Pages: [1]