Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Making money from art is not vulgar. Art is a commodity. It makes people feel something. It raises the greater sum of human happiness. It increases the gaiety of the nation. It has a value. -John Allison

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Teatime

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
1
Achewood / Re: May blogs
« on: May 12, 2007, 01:53:01 am »
"Corned beef sandwich? / Think again / This is one meal / You will not win" is a perfect stanza, although its rhythm keeps making me add a "Burma Shave!" to the end.

Haha, awesome! I am a huge fan of the Burma Shave adverts!

2
Total character comic, which makes me disappointed that Ray, who gets enough attention, was mentioned.

Also, good call on the thread title.

3
There is no way dudes can meaninglessly cuddle while watching a movie. This is most suboptimal.

4
Wild Card / Re: 21 Years of Age
« on: May 09, 2007, 09:00:42 pm »
To: Department of Alcohol
Subject: Regarding my "failure" on the Drinking License Exam

Dear DoA,

What if your friend is the president? What if your friend is the president of THE UNITED STATES? Are you gonna say no the president of THE UNITED STATES?

That's right. You ain't gonna say no to the president of the United States.

5
Achewood / Re: Interview with Chris Onstad
« on: May 09, 2007, 08:52:34 pm »
I saw it.

[wants maximum cuddles]DESCRIBE HIM[/not really]

6
I know that writing the retard jokes is not ideal, and I actually love this strip, but this the three arcs in a rowthat Onstad has ended abruptly. I just hope he's not totally lost the ability to hold interest. I want another G.O.F. caliber-arc someday.

7
Wild Card / Re: 21 Years of Age
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:48:15 pm »
I am in definite agreement. 21 is a totally arbitrary number. Maybe 18 is not right, on account of I can see why people don't want high school students drinking (an idea that totally ignores the ease with which an enterprising high school student can acquire alcohol), but later than 19 makes absolutely no sense to me.

8
History / Re: 4 Year Old Calls 911
« on: May 04, 2007, 02:08:13 am »
Did s/he physically scream? I have never seen this happen.

9
Arts & Entertainment / Re: Neil Young "On the Beach"
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:51:12 pm »
I think it is alright to skip the first or last track, as these do not disrupt anything. Also, "Taxman" from Revolver has basically no merit whatsoever. By my standards, though, this is Not a Problem.

10
I think the idea here is people lift the large raiders cap, see the smaller raiders cap, and move on with their lives, never suspecting the $7m below their very eyes.

11
It's like Sealab or the Simpons. It's anticanon unless otherwise specified. Philippe is now a bratty 3 year-old braniac in the Jason Fox style.

I'm not so sure about this. If the Simpsons go to hell or something, it won't have happened by the next episode. Considering Beef has memories of going to heaven and hell, I'm pretty sure that these are just dudes who are totally nonplussed by the stuff that is actually happening to them.

I'm backing up the glasses of Ramses theory.

12
People & Places / Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« on: May 02, 2007, 10:22:16 pm »
Alice Überdeutchland.

13
People & Places / Re: Gimmie a Pseudonym!
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:23:17 pm »
There's always the lazy gal's choice of Rodney Leonard Stubbs.

14
Sports & Leisure / Re: Desktop Tower Defense
« on: May 02, 2007, 08:35:15 pm »
My TD strategy: use peppers to build a basic maze structure. Build a line of squirters somewhere near the middle, and support them with a Frost on the end. Get a typhoon tower (Squirter 6) as soon as possible. I haven't lost yet on normal. I don't know if this works on hard, and is probably inefficient for easy.

EDIT: My favorite thing about this game is that, when minimized or alt-tabbed out of, "Desktop Tower Defense" looks like an antivirus program.

15
Sports & Leisure / Re: The most important meal of the day!
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:50:39 am »
I am forced to disagree. The "bran" bit is clearly the weak link in the name.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8