Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - bluebird_of_unhappiness

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
1
Achewood / The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« on: August 25, 2004, 01:08:15 am »
Quote from: "V-Adore"
Er, am I seeing things wrong, or doesn't everyone use the same dialogue font? I'm not seeing a difference between fonts, aside for size and sometimes for punctuation.


Font size, rather. Sorry. Phillippe is speaking with Beef's tiny font size. Or at least he was soon after the post. Onstad seems to have corrected it, as I thought he would. Someone please support me on this claim, lest I come off as a liar.

2
Achewood / The mother of all band-aids - 8/24
« on: August 25, 2004, 12:26:29 am »
Notice in the fourth panel that Phillippe's dialogue font is the same as Roast Beef's.

3
Achewood / Yes -- a dig at JB.
« on: July 30, 2004, 08:20:30 pm »
All this Butler talk is bringing back memories of that Butler on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Or is that just me? You know the one with the quick wit and bitter humour. What was his name? Jeffrey.

4
Achewood / Beef apotheosized? - 4 June 2004
« on: June 04, 2004, 11:55:39 am »
Please ignore the spelling of 'apothEosized'. Where do you all assume this is going? Is Beef's plummet through the heavens supposed to symbolize a greater idea?....or is he just falling? Holy Mother of Pussy this is confusing.

5
Achewood / Beef apotheosized? - 4 June 2004
« on: June 04, 2004, 10:58:07 am »
Sorry for the mildly weak topic, but I didn't have much dialogue to work with other than "POW!". Some beautiful imagery from Chris in this one. Somehow, Beef falling through the universe in a white robe seems so fitting.

Perhaps the topic could have been: "Ray gets his Satisfaction"

6
Achewood / Mother of Pussy - May 07 2004
« on: May 08, 2004, 09:17:27 pm »
Oh how I love this strip. Lately Beef has had quite a vocabulary.

7
Achewood / The worst possible answer in the universe (6 Feb)
« on: February 06, 2004, 02:26:04 pm »
How did Todd get back? I think Todd Todd Todd Todd Todd T. Squirel should have stayed in Hell with those not-good answers. Is so foul.

8
Achewood / Freezepop & Philippe
« on: January 25, 2004, 03:25:02 am »
Props to the pops. Sounds good, definitely Phillipe-ish. The rhymes are a little sketchy at times, but I mean the mere fact that they put time into a Phillipe song makes it enjoyable.

9
Achewood / Barry Bass (Wed 21 Jan)
« on: January 22, 2004, 01:57:19 am »
Very nice strip.  Indeed, Achewoodian.

It's got that sombre feeling of unexpectedness.  A bass is talking.  Beef accepts this and responds casually, of course.  It's great.  Think he'll stick around longer than a three strip storyline?

10
Achewood / Man looking for Woman (Jan. 8, 2004)
« on: January 08, 2004, 07:49:14 pm »
This is not not the first time Ray has used Zinfandel for his brutish love-making.  Mind you this time it's pink; last time, it was white.

11
Achewood / man that ain't no riddle (12-24)
« on: December 24, 2003, 05:19:20 pm »
I find it brilliant how Onstad manages to, yet again this Christmas Eve, have Ray passed out in a public washroom (the previous time being at the strip club, whence Beef meets his brother). He must have planned this beforehand; but I wonder how much of the storyline was tailored to arrange such a situation?

12
Achewood / www.whitetails.com/anatomy.html November 25th
« on: November 25, 2003, 05:19:02 pm »
That whole elaborate, somewhat dragged, storyline was worth this strip.  Let it end here.  Beef does it again.

This was a laugh-out-loud strip.

13
Achewood / Super Secret Ice Cream Shop November 3, 2003
« on: November 03, 2003, 02:43:03 pm »
Is Onstad implying that...no....no, there WILL be an ice cream shop, don't worry Philippe.  They don't call him Nice Pete for nothing.

Frames of Phillippe looking away are priceless.

14
Achewood / Awww! - 31 October 2003
« on: November 03, 2003, 02:38:49 pm »
Very nice 1984 reference. I get it, I get it.

15
Achewood / Awww! - 31 October 2003
« on: October 31, 2003, 05:20:49 pm »
I thought Phillipe opened his mouth in a different, grosser way?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4