Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lileks Down?  (Read 4658 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

  • Guest
Lileks Down?
« on: August 03, 2003, 10:50:44 pm »

Could anyone else not get to the site today?  It was vastly distressing for me and I hope I am not the only one.......
Logged

Sporkadelic

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
Lileks Down?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 11:05:34 pm »

I'm getting a login page for the site control panel.  I guess if the site's not up in the morning, the blogosphere will be abuzz with concern.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Lileks Down?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 11:52:52 pm »

Good, I was hoping it wasnt just me... this whole forum will take getting used to-- I felt like my soul had been ripped away when I realized that I'd forgotten to log in and had posted as some sort of terrible faceless 'Guest'
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lileks Down?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2003, 12:04:28 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Good, I was hoping it wasnt just me... this whole forum will take getting used to-- I felt like my soul had been ripped away when I realized that I'd forgotten to log in and had posted as some sort of terrible faceless 'Guest'


Oops.  Sorry about that.  I'd forgotten to set permissions on the forums that JLD created.  It should be fixed now.

No Lileks here, either.  It looks like he's moved to a new server and didn't set things up there before switching the IP.  Tsk tsk.

"This site is currently under maintenance due to a catastrophic failure."

How dramatic!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lileks Down?
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 12:46:26 pm »

There's an update now. It says the server crashed and took the whole site with it. He's restoring from back-ups.

If he has any sense he'll start with the Institute first then the Bleat.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Lileks Down?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2003, 05:24:48 pm »

The bleat returns Thursday morning.  And the rest of the site, I presume.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Lileks Down?
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 03:28:39 am »

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's back!  

No bleat, yet.  But the rest of the site looks fine.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lileks Down?
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 01:49:06 pm »

Gentlemen, we have Bleat!

And the picture's pretty cool.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up