Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Barely passed Oregon driver's test. Lots of rules about Yielding to the Distraught and slow-moving salmon trucks on one-way switchbacks.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Young Blood Brass Band  (Read 1222 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Young Blood Brass Band
« on: June 14, 2004, 10:00:11 pm »

Anybody heard of these folks? They're a couple trumpets, a couple trombones, a tuba, a couple drums, and a ...rapper. And they're white, or at least white-bred.

I just heard them on NPR, and they're GREEEEEEAAAAAAT!!!! Well, pretty damned interesting at least. Might have to LimeWire them or -gasp- buy one of their CDs.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Young Blood Brass Band
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 02:21:50 am »

Oh yeah - they're great. They come from around Madison, WI (where I went to school) and they're quite popular there. An ex of mine was big into 'em, but I'm not going to ask him which albums are good. I am sorry for this.


I turned on the radio in the middle of the piece, and I'm all like "whoa, is this youngblood?" and Michele Norris is all like "Yes. Yes it is, BITCH."
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up