Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 9th- Success!  (Read 4230 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 01:16:18 am »

That is an interesting theory.

Also, CortJstr is the admiral of me.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 01:45:54 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.


Where's the ghost of Isaac Asimov when you need him?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 02:17:16 am »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  


My first reaction to this was "what?  what animals?"

Oh yeah.  Ray and Roast Beef and all.  They're cats. Cartoon cats.  Not people.  Now I remember.

I know it's been a tough week, but that's a little scary.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

mc mackalot

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 06:33:56 pm »

I google for an achewood forum and registered an account just so I could express my dissatisfaction with the last two strips. What the fuck, Chris? What the fuck?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2004, 07:15:37 pm »

Quote from: "mc mackalot"
I google for an achewood forum and registered an account just so I could express my dissatisfaction with the last two strips. What the fuck, Chris? What the fuck?


Hang around and discuss what you do like, if and when there is anything.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 07:18:47 pm »

Now there's a dissatisfied customer. Man, that's a lot of trouble to go through just to bitch about the strip.

I agree, though.

WHAT THE FUCK INDEED!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 07:30:02 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "ferocious j"
I realize this is a purely personal reaction, but I kind of get a vaguely sinister vibe to the 'bots shouting "SUCCESS!" and waving and carrying on, as though they were celebrating their "success" at getting the animals to kill each other.  I doubt this is actually the case, but neither can it be logically excluded.

I'm pretty sure it was Liebot who actually shot Beef and Ray who shot Liebot so that doesn't really pan out.


it doesn't pan out insofar as it being a plot for the animals to shoot each other, but it certainly would pan out as to a plot regarding Liebot shooting Beef or etc.  i've always gotten the feeling that the stupid *****s didn't so much like the animals nro the stuffed animals of the underground.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 07:45:50 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
i've always gotten the feeling that the stupid *****s didn't so much like the animals nro the stuffed animals of the underground.


Well...
Meatbags and all.


And just because saying that made me think of it: 'look at me, I'm a meat-buoy!'
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Acanthopagrus

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 42
    • View Profile
June 9th- Success!
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2004, 07:07:05 am »

I have been thinking about this strip for too long.

Anyway my theory runs along the lines of.

#####'s have crap jobs.

They don't get paid very much.

Ray is a sucker.

On the 10th of June Ray mentions that Liebot borrowed a bunch of money from him.

It could be that the #####'s are now all cashed up and are out having a good time. As you do at the conclusion of a well executed scam.

However I can see Ray planning his revenge.
Logged
keh?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up