Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Father's Day!  (Read 3268 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Father's Day!
« on: June 20, 2004, 08:16:43 am »

Hey dads out there, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

Did anyone's kid(s) do anything particularly groovy for any of you dads?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 02:57:12 pm »

Happy fathers' day to all of you (the fathers in particular)
I made my father a card and I'll cook dinner tonight.  Nothing too astounding.
Logged
goose means greedy

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 07:12:42 pm »

My dad got the DVDs of "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" (Special Edition!), "A Fistfull of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More." A pretty good haul for the amount of effort he puts in.
JAY KAY DAD!!!!! LOL ROFL LMAO!!!!
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 08:40:39 pm »

I got an espresso maker and a cool pillow stuffed with tiny foam pellets.

I got my Dad an Atomic Clock/Weather Station and a Rain Gauge.

And I've been cleaning house all day getting ready for my parents to get here.  Getting ready to grill lamb chops.  Mmmmm.  Also having grilled zucchini w/parmesan, new potatoes and Rich & Charlies Salad (it's a St Louis thing.)
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 11:30:30 pm »

We... started to unpack things from the shed, went swimming, and then drove out to Many and ended up having Blizzards at the DQ. Not precisely thrilling, but we haven't done Father's Day very big for a while.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 03:29:42 am »

YOUR STORIES ALL GROW TIRESOME

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 02:09:08 pm »

I got a mug that says "World's Greatest Dad."  Yay!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 04:03:43 pm »

My father was driving home from Ohio and my father-in-law was (and still is) in Argentina.  

As far as I'm concerned, we *have* no fathers!

We're celebrating belatedly.  

We did, however, take a shot at making Pedro a father.  

No pun intended.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 03:40:22 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
My dad got the DVDs of "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" (Special Edition!), "A Fistfull of Dollars" and "For a Few Dollars More." A pretty good haul for the amount of effort he puts in.
JAY KAY DAD!!!!! LOL ROFL LMAO!!!!


I got my dad the exact same thing, except I got the regular edition of "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" as my dad never watches special features on the DVDS.  Dads and Clint Eastwood.  

all squinting into the sun
all lookin' flinty
all windblown
all imagining your like that while mowin' the lawn


I've never been into Clint Eastwood.  Except in "Bridges of Madison County." I'm such a girl.

[ed.: yes you are, and watch those tags - Choop]
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 04:42:34 pm »

You're?

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 04:46:04 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
I got my dad the exact same thing, except I got the regular edition of "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" as my dad never watches special features on the DVDS.


I didn't watch the DVD special features but the Thingies in the Box were pretty ridiculous, all special limited edition international postcards and stuff.  A friend of mine made me watch this for the first time fairly recently, because he is obcessed with Ennio Morricone.  So in conclusion I am a girl and my buddy is pretentious.
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 05:08:04 pm »

Watching "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is pretentious?  If so, sign me up.

It is not, however, as good as "Once Upon a Time in the West" which was just so unbelieveably good that I couldn't stop grinning the entire time just thinking about how great it all is.

Dang!

And the lobby cards are pretty cool - I liked the packaging on the GBU set.  The extra features are nice too, but the best part is that they've restored the cut to somewhere near how it originally played in Italy.  The other DVD is the U.S. cut, which is about 20 minutes shorter and has one of the coolest scenes of the film removed.  It looks like, having seen both versions, that someone who didn't know anything about the movie just snipped out 20 minutes of scenes at random.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 05:13:58 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Watching "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is pretentious?  If so, sign me up.


Not in itself, but I daresay that watching a movie because you like the composer of its score is getting there.
Logged
goose means greedy

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 05:22:32 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Watching "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" is pretentious?  If so, sign me up.



I think she meant her friend's obsession with Ennio Morricone was pretentious, not watching Leone's films.  The kind of person who would make you sit through something obscure like Investigation of a Citizen Under Suspicion because The Untouchables is just so pedestrian.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Happy Father's Day!
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 05:29:16 pm »

Yeah, if you like Morricone's music (and who doesn't? - he redefined the film soundtrack) buy the damn soundtrack.

I have of course seen a film just because I liked the director, and I see a film starring John Cusak as an endorsement that I will probably like the film.
Pages: [1]   Go Up