Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread  (Read 4603 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2004, 04:32:33 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
...then going out for coffee (which is really GREAT here - who knew?).


I've always been a fan of Irish Coffee.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2004, 04:51:31 pm »

How about some Irish Spring.

Good Lord, it's a website full of soap reviews.  SOAP REVIEWS for God's sake!  The internet is a strange and terrible mistress.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2004, 05:03:24 pm »

 ...and the Irish Spring soap review is by David Lynch.  !paos, paoS

Quote from: "the reviewer of Irish Spring"
The inside (of the box) is not coated with any sort of protectant, which could be a drawback if you intend to store the soap in its original packaging. It's certainly a drawback in my book.


Yeah! Take that Irish Spring!  Take That!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2004, 05:40:30 pm »

oh my good gravy and shortstack of cakes.

no, it's not David Lynch the Director.  It's David Lynch of Louisiville (not sure if he's still there).  Officially the only person i "know" (as in "have met and know who they are and at the time they knew who i was") in Kentucky.

If i recall correctly, the soap reviews weren't his "thang" so much as his brother's.  

He also had an online "zine" (maybe it was, back then, a blog, before blog was blog) named "jiggy week".  Mr. Lynch had a rear naked chinlock on OMFG irony at one point.

but the past is muddier than gas station coffee and the gravy is now cold.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2004, 05:46:53 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
 ...and the Irish Spring soap review is by David Lynch.  !paos, paoS


Man, if the real (i.e. famous David Lynch) wrote soap reviews, I think I the world would be just about perfect.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2004, 05:51:37 pm »

Heh!  I submitted this to Fark and it got approved.  I am good on the intarweb.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2004, 05:52:34 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "side_show"
 ...and the Irish Spring soap review is by David Lynch.  !paos, paoS


Man, if the real (i.e. famous David Lynch) wrote soap reviews, I think I the world would be just about perfect.


LOL, agreed, and thank you for making my day andalucia!  And really, the fact that arkabee knows this particular David Lynch, is very, well, Lynchian in and of itself.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2004, 06:16:12 pm »

the thing that's oddest about it all to me is,
there seems to be a "large" kentucky contingent on this board.
i remember first reading a bit and then early on i was thinking "damn, i wonder if these people know dave...".

and now, in some weird, sick way, ya'll do.  or his brother at least.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2004, 03:42:25 pm »

THESE ARE THE DAVES I KNOW, I KNOW

Okay, I am back and while I did not find a spoon that says "IRELAND" on it I did get all sorts of other cheap Irish and British crap to distribute.  I mailed most of it back to myself rather than have to smuggle it back on the plane, so once my package arrives, I will be like a UK Santa Claus, all handing out crap and stealing your liquor.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
The Jough-In-Ireland Request Thread
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2004, 04:21:29 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
THESE ARE THE DAVES I KNOW, I KNOW

Okay, I am back and while I did not find a spoon that says "IRELAND" on it I did get all sorts of other cheap Irish and British crap to distribute.  I mailed most of it back to myself rather than have to smuggle it back on the plane, so once my package arrives, I will be like a UK Santa Claus, all handing out crap and stealing your liquor.

Dammit Jough! Enough with getting songs stuck in my head.

Note to self: Hide my liquor.




Additional: Also hide my woman.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up