Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Supporting" bacon is easy. Who's going to get on the mayonnaise bandwagon with me?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: where it counts - 03/03/05  (Read 4926 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2005, 05:37:04 pm »

Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Quote from: "PinkStainlessTail"

I like how Ray's demonic stylings tend to match whoever's playing, all small and such when Beef takes over, for instance. Almost like the inner darkness of whoever's playing is being channeled into Ray. Keep that thing away from Lyle and Nice Pete.

Actually, who knows what would happen with Nice Pete, since he wears his inner darkness on his sleeve. Maybe his inner good would shine through instead.

Frankly I don't think anybody who says "here's a bag of their hands" has inner good.
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2005, 07:25:00 pm »

It would be sweet if Ray started rapping about Eustace K. Dobbs.

Every time something weird happens to Ray I wonder if it has to do with his deal with the devil or the little bird he ate.  Prolly not.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

sasquatch feeder

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2005, 07:57:48 pm »

Onstad keeps the great storylines rolling. This is excellent.

I agree with MSC that the demon receiver is the t-shirt. Note the difference between Ray's lyrical stylings with ("AIIIIGHT!") and without ("Friendship Lane").

Nice touches: Phillipe's happy eyebrows while he's dancing and the way the room goes dark when Satan speaks through Ray. Also Beef's Ken Burns joke.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2005, 08:07:57 pm »

I am so into this arc now. It was good but I didn't know why before, but now... It's just great.

And who can't love Philippe's dance!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

MaxAce

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2005, 09:09:54 pm »

This strip had special meaning for me because one of my best friends has diabetes. He is one of the unlucky ones.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2005, 12:27:31 am »

I just realized Devil Ray is the flip-side of Sufjan Stevens. Check out the last frame vs.
He will take you/If you run, he will chase you/Cause he is the Lord

Meanwhile, plucka plucka pluck.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

MaxAce

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
where it counts - 03/03/05
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005, 02:21:41 am »

I just remembered that my diabetic friend can play the banjo.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up