Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004  (Read 2864 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« on: November 11, 2004, 06:06:45 pm »

Achewood Town Newsletter for November 11, 2004 (unsubscribe at bottom)

Dear Friend of Achewood,

My, what a season it's been! Philippe did not get any votes, Ray
started a line of boutique beers, and Roast Beef would seem to be
playing the bachelor once again. There are few, if any, signs of Todd.

IN THIS EDITION
* Téodor's strange dream
* New products in the store!
* Vlad fails to spark friendship with mimeograph repairman
* A recipe.

-*-

TÉODOR'S STRANGE DREAM
Early in the morning on Tuesday, November 9, Téodor dreamt that the
fellow who lived across the street, a relentlessly home-improving type
with an ever-bright outlook on life, had gone bonkers and torn up his
pristine yard with a spade. His lovely handmade wooden fence was
nowhere to be seen, and all of his trees leaned at 45-degree angles,
their roots snapped. Where the carpet-like green lawn once grew there
was now only moist brown dirt. Later in the dream Téodor ran across
the fellow, who explained that he'd been "rather depressed" lately and
had "just snapped."

-*-

NEW PRODUCTS IN THE STORE!
Paste this link: http://www.achewood.com/shop/

Do your holiday shopping now! Last day to order custom apparel is Dec
1, last day to order all in-stock QuickShip clothing and accessories
is Dec 18 (pre-Dec 25th delivery guaranteed for US customers only,
non-US customers please allow at least two weeks for airmail
delivery).

* The LYLE shirt is finally here!
QuickShip Lyle Ts available after Thanksgiving! (black, premium unisex
 T,
S-XL)

* SaniTaco! shirt available for a limited time

* Vols I-IV back in stock
We self-publish all titles once again. Books make a great gift,
particularly when personalized by the author.  

COMING IN DECEMBER, FOR HOLIDAY GIFT-GIVING:

* New WHAT WE NEED MORE OF IS SCIENCE products!
High quality Refrigerator Magnet, Keychain

* Barware!
Achewood shot and pint glasses. What could be better? Well, besides
filling them up with your preferred elixir.

* Temporary Tattoos!
Rabbit Ambulance and Science designs can now grace your most precious
expanses of skin for a week or so.  

* Lip Balm!
Featuring the Rabbit Ambulance design. It's the gift that says "I care
about your lips, and I know that you regularly read Achewood comic
strips."

Paste this link: http://www.achewood.com/shop/

-*-

VLAD FAILS TO SPARK FRIENDSHIP WITH MIMEOGRAPH REPAIRMAN Vlad's
mimeograph, which he frequently uses to reproduce his subscriber-only
political newsletter, recently went out of calibration and required
repair.
Vlad found himself trying to befriend the repairman, a no-nonsense
manly type, who was having none of it. After he left, Vlad felt
particularly ashamed at having suggested that they "have a beer
sometime."
"He is thinkink I am such queer-bait," Vlad thought to himself.  

-*-

A RECIPE.
by Ray Smuckles.

Hello! Do you not want to have a problem when guests come over? Then
do what I do, and always make this recipe.

INGREDIENTS
1 can of chili, con carne or sin el carne
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 tbsp Tabasco or other hot sauce (such Ray's Rad Chilies) Fritos, 2
bags Chopped green onion, for sprinkling

Heat the chili up in a pot, and when it's hot, stir in the Tabasco and
cheddar and mix until all the cheese is melted. Put this substance
into a bowl and sprinkle some extra grated cheese on top, then
sprinkle the green onions on. Serve the Fritos in a bowl next to this
substance. Invite your guests to eat the substance.

BONUS: If you have a little keep-warm pot that plugs into the wall,
that is a good thing in which to serve the substance.

--Ray.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2004, 06:08:35 pm »

Now I'm glad that I didn't order Vol. 4 yet. I really want it but some of the "coming in December" stuff sounds cool too. So I think I'll wait to get it all shipped at once.

Or does Chris not give shipping price-breaks on multi-item orders? I can't remember now.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 06:20:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Or does Chris not give shipping price-breaks on multi-item orders? I can't remember now.


Yes we do - our shipping rate table is designed so that multiple-item orders pay accurate shipping rates, which are lower than if you bought each item individually.  

http://www.achewood.com/shop/shopfaq.php
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2004, 06:26:38 pm »

I generally don't wear t-shirts, but barware and other trinkets sounds excellent.

Can we have the barware personalised too?

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2004, 08:40:18 pm »

A SCIENCE keychain sounds insanely excellent. Also, barware is sorely tempting -- hell, I ordered a KoL beer stein; surely my collection can just expand from there.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2004, 09:20:39 pm »

For some reason I didn't get this one!  Oh well; that's why this place comes in handy.

I am waiting until December, at which point I may go a little crazy.
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 11:15:02 pm »

Lip Balm?

Do you make this in yr kitchen, 'stad? Will you post the recipe?

please do not go all hello kitty on us
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 04:00:12 pm »

I want to reiterate in this space that the Teodor apron is fuck*ng awesome.  Just make sure you have a dishtowel to dry your hands with, because liquids bead up and roll off the thing.
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 09:49:08 am »

Thank you. Be assured: we test/wash/taste/wear all these items thoroughly before they make it into the store. Glad to hear folks are interested in the new stuff; I am in receipt of several product samples at the moment and am very excited to make them available for the holidays. What better in the stocking than a small Rabbit Ambulance shot glass with a little airplane bottle of Courvoisier? Now that just reeks of class.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 06:13:13 pm »

Quote from: "Newsletter"
There are few, if any, signs of Todd

Is this because he's still in jail? If so, what for? Did he screw up his taxes again? Did the Achewood Squirel PD find out about his smack opperation? He's not gonna get lethal injection, is he? I'm concerned.
Logged

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Achewood Town Newsletter - Nov 2004
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2004, 12:45:46 am »

I'm very intrigued by the lip balm.. been wanting a new one since, in a fit of nervousness, I dropped my pink lemonade one the other week.  I'll be on the lookout come December!

---

[Also, slightly OT, but my mom insisted I dreamt it to keep achewood in mind for merchandise purchases in the future....

See, this past afternoon I dreamt I was in a furniture store.. full o' recliners and such.  suddenly as I decided I was going to take a nap on one of them, Onstad appears!  he cuddles up next to me to tell me a story about some folk in the 18th century... I'm not sure why, but it's not entirely achewood related as I recall.. maybe like when the nate small thing was going on which wasn't entirely related.

Somehow this tale turned me on and soon enough me and Onstad were making out!  :O

I stopped the festivities cause he had more people to entertain yet I said... "I gotta find apples for pie"

and he cooed "Aw you mom you"

It was very disturbing.

Okay, I'm sure you're glad I told this story.. I'll be sure to buy the lip balm... and maybe volume IV... and a shirt.]
Logged
Texas only kept me awake
Pages: [1]   Go Up