Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs Nov. 6 - 13  (Read 6758 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2004, 05:40:27 pm »

Quote from: "superock101"
I like making BLT's with spinach instead of lettuce and with smooth peanut butter instead of (or in addition to) mayo.  Hell of delicious.

I'm considering substituting beef jerkey for bacon and making a total bastard BLT variation but I think it would have to be made on untoasted Wonder bread and I don't think that's something I want to eat.

Wait, would the proposed sandwich be "beef jerky, lettuce, tomato, maybe mayo" or "beef jerky, spinach, tomato, peanut butter, maybe mayo?" I am not sure which is sadder.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2004, 05:45:00 pm »

I like making Gin and Tonics, except I substitute Vodka for the Gin and OJ for the Tonic.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Books 'n blogs
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2004, 06:39:05 pm »

I second Bobby I's suggestion that the blogs and strips appear together in the books. Some of the strips now are informed by blog posts. The whole together is much more delicious. It'd be some job figuring how to integrate the two, but, maybe blog text only with relevant strips?

Oh, and mad props for the Cornelius post. Top-shelf.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2004, 03:27:16 am »

It makes me want to weep to read of someone having good chile verde in California, where I am not.

I am actually in New York City at the moment, and most of the culinary riches of the world are probably available to me.  But probably not good chile verde like in California.

I suppose I will have to go see if a bagel comforts me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2004, 04:10:45 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
I am actually in New York City at the moment, and most of the culinary riches of the world are probably available to me.  But probably not good chile verde like in California.


Whoa, you're in the city? For how long? We should kick it.
The problem with food here is, yes, I'm sure there's really great food available. But the problem is, a) you probably will never hear about it, and b) you will probably never be able to afford it.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

filas

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 61
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2004, 11:42:22 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
 I suppose I will have to go see if a bagel comforts me.


doods, that ain't fair.  i have not had one decent bagel since being out here in the bay.  and i didn't even live in NY, i'm from MI
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Blogs Nov. 6 - 13
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2004, 02:47:02 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"

Whoa, you're in the city? For how long? We should kick it.
The problem with food here is, yes, I'm sure there's really great food available. But the problem is, a) you probably will never hear about it, and b) you will probably never be able to afford it.


I'm just here another few hours this time unfortunately but maybe next time there could be a NY Achewood Con.  I'm sure we could think of a really excellent place for the photographs.

The bagel was very comforting.  And the pizza is still exactly the pizza of my youth. This is what matters the most probably.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up