Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Sometimes I don't know what the fuck y'all are talking about and I'm cool with that.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Merchandise  (Read 2860 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
New Merchandise
« on: November 05, 2004, 11:09:20 am »

Okay, so, out of the new batch, what is "hot" and what is "not?"

HOT:
Lyle's Achewater
Philippe for America
Patch
Pins
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's all hot.

COLD:
Blows the wind over my true love's grave.

COOLER THAN COOL:
Ice cold.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
New Merchandise
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 11:27:02 am »

There are only three truly "new" things right now: Lyle shirt, SaniTaco shirt, and Vol IV pre-order. We will have a few more extremely sensual items ready in time for Christmas shopping.

One thing we haven't announced (until now) that is slated for early 2005: a collection of the blogs in printed, chronological, interwoven form. There's a lot of writing there that I think would be nicer to read in print. It's almost 250 pages when formatted.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
New Merchandise
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 12:23:02 pm »

I saw the "enlarged detail" link on the front page and thought that the label was a joke.  Then when I came here and saw a "new merchandise" thread, I jumped to the conclusion that the store would actually be selling bottles of Liquid Banjo.

T-Shirts are cool, but they're not as cool as whisky.  Oh well, I wouldn't have been able to have liquor shipped here to Kansas anyway.  

I still give a hearty thumbs-up to the Lyle design and may have to hint the girlfriend that that would be a nice Christmas present.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
New Merchandise
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 12:44:50 pm »

I do surely dig that patch, though I wouldn't pay five of your American dollars for it.  Even though I would like to be a visible supporter of emergency rabbit medical services as well as a declared Special Boy, er, girl.
Logged
goose means greedy

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
New Merchandise
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 01:36:13 pm »

For sure I am getting a Lyle T along with Vol iv's for my mother and I. Maybe I'll get round to an everybody dance T if they're still around.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

agnes

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 23
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fireland.com/
New Merchandise
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 02:00:39 pm »

Quote from: "Chris Onstad"
One thing we haven't announced (until now) that is slated for early 2005: a collection of the blogs in printed, chronological, interwoven form. There's a lot of writing there that I think would be nicer to read in print. It's almost 250 pages when formatted.


Now there's some sweet news. This one time I thought about printing out all the strips and all the blogs and arranging them chronologically and hand-binding them into this deluxe mega-collection, but then I sort of fell asleep instead and had this dream where George Clooney and I were hanging out at a restaurant. True story.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New Merchandise
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 03:22:35 pm »

I'm ordering the Lyle shirt in about five minutes, I'd say.

It's on!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Franz.

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 35
    • View Profile
New Merchandise
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 01:01:42 pm »

Chris, you sexy graphic designer, you. The "Lyle's Achewater" label is genius.

Question the first: What is the "Genuine California" typeface and where did you get it?

Questions the second and third: Are those birds on either side of Lyle's portrait? And did you draw the ornamental frame yourself?

Thanking you, yours in most humble prostration, &c &c, I remain,

[ Franz. ]
Logged

Chris Onstad

  • Mr. Achewood
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
    • http://www.achewood.com
New Merchandise
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 09:44:07 pm »

Glad you like it. It seems popular so far.

1. It's called "Dyspepsia," and I don't know.

2. They are kind of tough, medieval chickens.

3. Yeah, that was a freehand Illustrator jobbo.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
New Merchandise
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 10:32:54 pm »

I got my book today - complete with drawing of a young RB in Chucks. I'm breathless in anticipation of the Lyle shirt.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up