Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pipe Dreamin'  (Read 6436 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2004, 11:53:30 pm »

What amazed me was that for a mere $268.00 at that site, you can get a plaque with some Bronzed fake dog poop on it.

Bronzed dog poop.

Truly this is an amazing country.
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 04:34:39 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'd rent a bunch of houses on the beach all at once and fly 100 friends and family in for a huge weeklong party. I'd pay Hank Jr and Kid Rock to host the party and do a couple of short sets. 25 male and female models will be mingling with the crowd. A trapeze. Monkeys juggling chainsaws.

I'm so there.

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Snoop Dogg and a Girls Gone Wild crew. Hookers dressed as nuns.

I'll bring the wife! Totally there! Shores of Hawai(')i? SO FUCKIN THERE MAN
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 05:47:20 am »

i've had so many scenarios in my mind play themselves out over the years, the only single linking factor between them was weeping.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 06:48:16 am »

Quote from: "arkabee"
weeping


What? Because of a problem?

Man, lotto winnin's ain't no problem! How many times I gotta tell people this!
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 03:21:39 pm »

1. Take entire family on a kickass vacation, pay off debts of all family and close friends, buy neat presents for whomever we want.
2. Buy a big 'ol plot of land out in boonies about 30-45 minutes from a pleasant metropolitan area.  Plot must have a potable water supply, a creek would be nice, some caves would be a plus.
3. Build a big 'ol geodesic dome house.  House will be off-grid.  Anyone else in family who cares to build a house on the homestead is welcome, as long as we can't see their house from ours.
4. Have babies 'till I can't anymore.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 05:50:33 pm »

My fantasies are considerably less Heinlein and more cheesesteak. I probably shouldn't fantasize when I'm hungry.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004, 06:38:40 pm »

I would probably continue living as I do now, yeah, except with more freedom to buy books and eat out. I don't really feel the need to have an extravagant lifestyle; living comfortably and knowing that one is free from any monetary want is really quite enough.

That said, I would buy enough pinball machines to own my own miniature arcade. Maybe also a foosball table if I go really crazy.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 06:47:51 pm »

Quote from: "Va"
2. Buy a big 'ol plot of land out in boonies about 30-45 minutes from a pleasant metropolitan area.  Plot must have a potable water supply, a creek would be nice, some caves would be a plus.

2a. Watch as metro area rapidly expands and in 10 years "the boonies" are now home to countless yuppies and families of 6 kids under 9.
2b. Sell plot of land for several hundred thousand more than it was bought for.
2c. Move another 45 minutes away, repeat.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 06:58:46 pm »

I think I'd buy my depressed best friend a muscle car and take a cross-country trip with him.  Then I'd have wacky theme parties every Friday night.  And eat really strange meats.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 07:02:10 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think I'd buy my depressed best friend a muscle car and take a cross-country trip with him.  Then I'd have wacky theme parties every Friday night.  And eat really strange meats.

Can't argue with that, yo.

Actually, I probably would help my folks out financially, if only so they'd be certain of being able to travel near-constantly once they retire. (I was sort of the reason their initial wanderlust stopped, so I should pay them back, really.)
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2004, 07:14:43 pm »

For the party I mentioned earlier, Ted Nugent is in charge of the grill.

Also, I would endow a scholarship at my HS and build a house on the big Island, maybe around Volcano or down toward Punaluu.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 08:18:45 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
I think I'd buy my depressed best friend a muscle car and take a cross-country trip with him.  Then I'd have wacky theme parties every Friday night.  And eat really strange meats.


That was a plan of mine before I even found Achewood. Perhaps why I feel such an affinity (or want to) with Ray. My affinity however always seems to fall to Beef.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2004, 09:44:20 pm »

Oh, I forgot: a beach house in Paia on Maui.  Just a little one.
Logged

Va

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 435
    • View Profile
    • http://posdef.net
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 03:52:41 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Va"
2. Buy a big 'ol plot of land out in boonies about 30-45 minutes from a pleasant metropolitan area.  Plot must have a potable water supply, a creek would be nice, some caves would be a plus.

2a. Watch as metro area rapidly expands and in 10 years "the boonies" are now home to countless yuppies and families of 6 kids under 9.
2b. Sell plot of land for several hundred thousand more than it was bought for.
2c. Move another 45 minutes away, repeat.


Touché.

2d. Move to the moon.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Pipe Dreamin'
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 04:13:44 pm »

I think I would move. And instead of going to concerts, I would ask bands to play for me on a regular basis and invite friends to see them as well. A lot of bands I like would be willing to play for a reasonable stipend, I think. I don't have a lot of favorite sites; many I go to are paid for by giant corporate monoliths. This one, though, I'd subsidize. I would buy many of Chris' future paintings, if there be such items.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up