Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much Chipotle is too much?  (Read 10728 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2004, 12:49:39 am »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Remember when I brought up the "Monster Thickburger"? And then andalucia was kind enough to provide a link with a photo?

Well, it turns out that's amateur hour. This guy knows how to get it done. How you feeling there, champ?

His beverage is comically small.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2004, 01:03:47 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
His beverage is comically small.


Come back on Amateur Eaters' Night, Cort - every serious glutton who was ever bound and fuck*ng determined to get their money's worth at an all-you-can-eat buffet knows that carbonation fills you up too quickly.

I remember when this link made the rounds a few months ago - I remember some weblog's comments thread being full of wailing and screaming about what a wasteful, useless, arrogant display of fatness and gluttony and First-World Thoughtlessness etc etc it all was. I agree, mostly, but damn, people; what we have here is nothing less than a spectacular display of giving up at life. It's an Atkins-era analogue to those D&D Steam Tunnel Suicides of yore.

He is even wearing the little hat.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2004, 01:17:49 am »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I remember when this link made the rounds a few months ago


I don't feel tardy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2004, 01:43:41 am »

Okay, I'm late to the game. GOD I am totally salivating at the thought of a vegetarian Chipotle burrito with a side of guacamole.

GOD WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHIPOTLE HERE ON THE ISLAND.

I have tried making my own version but it is NEVER THE SAME. First thing that I do when I get back to Denver, besides seeing my family, will be to have a massive, baby-sized Chipotle burrito.  I plan to go for broke -- I will get two sides of guacamole.

Amen.

And in response to the question...Baby Jesus agrees that you can NEVER have too much Chipotle.

And by the way...I am not a fan of Qdoba or Baja Fresh or any of those other chains. I judge a burrito joint solely by virtue of its guacamole. Yes, guacamole is JUST THAT IMPORTANT. I don't know wtf Chipotle does to its guac, all I know is that it is a miniature plastic takeout tub of pure artistry. And Qdoba et al. just can never compare.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
How much Chipotle is too much?
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2005, 12:43:26 am »

Quote from: "linnea"
Okay, I'm late to the game. GOD I am totally salivating at the thought of a vegetarian Chipotle burrito with a side of guacamole.

GOD WE DON'T HAVE ANY CHIPOTLE HERE ON THE ISLAND.

I have tried making my own version but it is NEVER THE SAME. First thing that I do when I get back to Denver, besides seeing my family, will be to have a massive, baby-sized Chipotle burrito.  I plan to go for broke -- I will get two sides of guacamole.

Amen.

And in response to the question...Baby Jesus agrees that you can NEVER have too much Chipotle.

And by the way...I am not a fan of Qdoba or Baja Fresh or any of those other chains. I judge a burrito joint solely by virtue of its guacamole. Yes, guacamole is JUST THAT IMPORTANT. I don't know wtf Chipotle does to its guac, all I know is that it is a miniature plastic takeout tub of pure artistry. And Qdoba et al. just can never compare.


I don't like guacamole, so it's a lousy way for me to gauge the quality of a burrito. And amen to the discussion way back about corn tortillas. I love corn tortillas and I get sad when I can't have them. I think the best tortillas have the balance of wet/dry correct. Nothing worse than soggy burrito except maybe a really dry one. If everything is nice and fresh, I can definitely enjoy a burrito. Even a giraffe one (if you haven't had this, ya gotta).
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up