Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Education.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo  (Read 2345 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« on: December 03, 2004, 09:34:06 pm »


« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:23:45 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:43:50 pm »

Cripes. That is quite something for a lunch break. Jeeze.
Sadly (?) I don't really have any such stories to tell. Despite being under 30, and having had a motorbike when I was 16, I have never even been pulled over by the cops. I don't think I have a friend who hasn't been! I guess part of it is that I have never driven a car which raises much suspicion - An old (very) Renault inherited from my grandfather, a 2litre Nissan estate, and now a Primera (Infiniti G20 over there).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 09:51:54 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
What a great adventure!  I got to get tossed like a hobo and have another man fondle my groin while searching me!

Lucky you!

If that had happened in Portland, you probably would have been killed!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 10:02:55 pm »

Once in college, some friends and I were screwing around and the next thing you know, there are cops everywhere and we're confused so we start walking the other way. So the cops start yelling and since I didn't know they were for us, the one if the front sees me spin around kind of fast to see what they are yelling at and he's got like 6 pounds of pull back on the trigger of his hollow-point loaded 9 mm which I can pretty much feel on my chest from the 25 feet or so away he and the rest of the cops were.

I managed not to piss, shit, barf or pass out. Very similarly to Asherdan's story, we got rolled, frisked, there was significant harsh language because this cop was pissed he almost killed me and then they let us go.

The only reason he let me go was that a year before I chased a dorm intruder for about 3/4 of a mile on foot and actually caught the guy but in the ensuing wrestling he asserted he was armed and I decided it would be better to let him go. I kind of regret that now, but I'd rather regret that then regret getting a huge scar in my gut. Anyhow, same cop responded to that one, big redheaded son-of-a-bitch, and he remembered me so we got a pass.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 10:44:07 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
he's got like 6 pounds of pull back on the trigger of his hollow-point loaded 9 mm which I can pretty much feel on my chest from the 25 feet or so away he and the rest of the cops were.


I must say, I do enjoy living in a country where that isn't about to happen. Gives me a warm feeling, and one that isn't in my #####.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2004, 12:15:49 am »

Were you parked on public land or something?

If you were on private property you could have told them to go fuck themselves.  It is not illegal to sleep in your car in CA.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 01:09:44 am »

Quote from: "jough"
 It is not illegal to sleep in your car in CA.


Why do you happen to know this off the top of your head?

I was mistaken for a hobo once, but not by a cop, so I guess it doesn't count.  It was a nice lady at a church who served meals to the homeless.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 05:08:09 am »

Huh. I've heard of a few people at my job will sleep in their cars right in the parking lot. Not every day or anything but sometimes it's the best way to spend your lunch hour.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
For a Moment I was a Suspected Hobo
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004, 02:29:08 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"


Wombat, did you get a meal outta her?


No, there were no meals left - I had to convince her to let me into the church anyway because I needed to go to a rehearsal.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1]   Go Up