Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please  (Read 14569 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2005, 11:25:55 pm »

Quote from: "monkeybutter"
wow, there's no way i'll ever afford that, who here's bought some? if so, which?


No one.

We're poor.

Fuck you.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Skillator

  • Guest
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2005, 11:07:13 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
I found some full names:

Cassandra "Roast Beef" Kazenzakis

"Showbiz" Kazenzakis

Ray Smuckles

Cornelius Bear

And isn't Pat's last name Reynolds?


Charley (lil' Nephew) Smuckles
Téodor Orezscu
Molly Sanders
Peter (Nice Pete) H. Cropes
Lyle is without a last name as far as I can tell
Same for Philippe though it may be in the cookbook. I do remember him reminiscing of his past there.

Why does Ray wear a thong?
Because he's a fuck*ng comic strip character

Where is lyle?
Trapped in an all girl religious school.

Where's Mr Bear?
He got shot and is now writing closed captions for the Spice channel.

What's the Spice channel?
Google it.

How old is Philippe?
5.

Why does it revolve mostly around Ray and Roastbeef?
because they're the characters Onstad finds he can relate most to I assume.

Why does Téodor raise Philippe?
because he's five. Have you seen the shit 5 year-olds can get into?

So Roastbeef and Molly are Zombies?
yeah I guess you could call them that. Except they don't eat brains as far as I can tell and aren't decaying. But yes they are the living dead.

What's Pat's problem?
He is the character that stirs the pot for everyone else. They are good because he is evil. We can only all wish he was dead.

So the bear writes captions for porn and the Tiger stars in them?
not the same ones but yes.

So why do the stuffed animals hang out with the cats?
again, because it's a fuck*ng comic strip.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2005, 11:19:07 pm »

Quote from: "Skillator"
How old is Philippe?
7 I think... shit I lose.


No.

He is Five.

Dogpile in five... four...
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2005, 11:31:07 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Skillator"
How old is Philippe?
7 I think... shit I lose.


No.

He is Five.

Dogpile in five... four...


Dogpile on the Rabbit!  Dogpile on the Rabbit!

I love that one.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Skillator

  • Guest
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2005, 11:33:42 pm »

He was five at the beginning of the comic strip, perhaps he's gotten older as the years have passed?

But I will admit I was wrong. He talks and types blogs much better than most five year-olds
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2005, 11:36:56 pm »

I thought that the whole 7 thing was a joke. It's frickin' canonical! How could you miss that?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2005, 02:19:44 am »

The Achewater shirt/etc. design seems to state that Lyle's last name is "Gabriel," and I think this is reasonably canonical.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2005, 02:49:41 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
The Achewater shirt/etc. design seems to state that Lyle's last name is "Gabriel," and I think this is reasonably canonical.


That scratched an itch in my head - and the closet proved it. Nice call.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2005, 03:17:36 am »

Quote from: "Skillator"
So the bear writes captions for porn and the Tiger stars in them?
not the same ones but yes.


I was under the impression that Lyle simply produced the porn films and hired people to perform in them.
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2005, 03:23:13 am »

Quote from: "Mattgiraffe"
Quote from: "Skillator"
So the bear writes captions for porn and the Tiger stars in them?
not the same ones but yes.

I was under the impression that Lyle simply produced the porn films and hired people to perform in them.

He's been in at least one.
Logged

southworth813

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 55
    • View Profile
    • http://www.uglyhill.com
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2005, 03:54:08 pm »

I would like to know what Chris' dachshund's name is.
Logged
You, Lynrd Skynrd hat. Me, little kitty...

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2005, 07:13:23 pm »

Quote from: "southworth813"
I would like to know what Chris' dachshund's name is.


According to Wombat, who has stalked at least one dog on the Internet, it's "Tanglewoods Bodicea".

I do not know why, of the literally thousands of posts I've read on this forum, priceless, irreplaceable brainspace was allotted to that one.

EDIT: also there are now banner ads for dude ranches, what the hell, i suspect this will be a "frequently asked question" over the days to come
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2005, 07:18:19 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
EDIT: also there are now banner ads for dude ranches, what the hell, i suspect this will be a "frequently asked question" over the days to come


Jeepers.  And me with my Firefox Adblock on.
Logged
goose means greedy

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2005, 07:45:12 pm »

Quote from: "southworth813"
I would like to know what Chris' dachshund's name is.


My dachshund's name is "Gus", for what that's worth.  He is a good boy.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood FAQ - Propose Questions Please
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2005, 07:56:29 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "southworth813"
I would like to know what Chris' dachshund's name is.


According to Wombat, who has stalked at least one dog on the Internet, it's "Tanglewoods Bodicea".

I do not know why, of the literally thousands of posts I've read on this forum, priceless, irreplaceable brainspace was allotted to that one.


Well, I am glad that it was, because I felt obligated to try to answer the question and yet stupidly could not figure out where I might still have the information, and didn't remember it was already posted here.

That's not what they call her at home, of course.  I thought I knew what that was too, but I can't find any evidence of it, so I might be making it up.      Anyway maybe it's not something to post for all to see, because evil in-person dog-stalkers might go around Northern California calling the name out to innocent dachshunds in people's yards as part of some nefarious dachs-napping plan.  And we can't have that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up