Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield  (Read 4115 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

MSC

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 142
    • View Profile
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 08:00:54 pm »

Is this the most subtle insult in the whole interview?

Quote
Chevere, Spain: In Spain Garfield speaks Spanish. Do you check translation of them because I can not understand. Or rather I understand but can not laugh. Thank you. Sorry for my English is not good.

Jim Davis: We translate Garfield into 9 dialects of Spanish. Try as we may to spot check all the languages, ocassionally a new translator struggles with the feature.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 08:07:27 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
Chevere, Spain: In Spain Garfield speaks Spanish. Do you check translation of them because I can not understand. Or rather I understand but can not laugh. Thank you. Sorry for my English is not good.

That's golden.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 09:28:57 pm »

Quote from: "evan"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Chevere, Spain: In Spain Garfield speaks Spanish. Do you check translation of them because I can not understand. Or rather I understand but can not laugh. Thank you. Sorry for my English is not good.

That's golden.


Can you picture Onstad's reaction to that question?

Quote from: "Onstad"
maybe you cannot laugh because you are NOT FUNNY


Can you picture one of us asking that question?

Quote from: "el joughador"
In Spain Ray speaks Spanish. Do you check translation of them because I cannot understand. Or rather I understand but cannot laugh. Do you not actually take time to check if your joke is funny? Or maybe your joke is not funny in English either. Which is more likely as you do not care about your audience anymore. You beat your wife you cabron. Sorry for my English is not good.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 03:12:29 am »

Quote from: "evan"
Quote from: "Gimpson"
Chevere, Spain: In Spain Garfield speaks Spanish. Do you check translation of them because I can not understand. Or rather I understand but can not laugh. Thank you. Sorry for my English is not good.

That's golden.


Indeed. How do you say "you have a cold peter in your mouth" en espanol?
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 04:00:44 am »

Was it not:

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Indeed. How do you say "you cold have a peter in your mouth" en espanol?


Where's CJ when you need him?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 04:42:03 am »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Was it not:

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Indeed. How do you say "you cold have a[/b peter in your mouth" en espanol?

Where's CJ when you need him?

You cold have a peter in your mouth
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2005, 02:21:14 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Was it not:

Quote from: "Mantonio"
Indeed. How do you say "you cold have a[/b peter in your mouth" en espanol?

Where's CJ when you need him?

You cold have a peter in your mouth


Have any of you ever had your brain do an old switch-em-aroo with words in a sentence? That's basically what happened to me with the "cold have a peter/have a cold peter" thing. In my defense, I guess I read it that way and thought that anyone with the misfortune to have their peter in Garfield's mouth would not be excited by the prospect. Thus, their peter would remain cold and flacid as opposed to hard and hot.
Logged

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2005, 04:15:25 pm »

I thought this was kind of funny:
Quote
Turtle Bay, Alaska: There must be a close friend or relative of yours who doesn't find your strip funny. You don't have to name names, but a little anecdote where a fine meal turned into awkward silent aggression would be
appreciated.

Jim Davis: My Dad's favorite strip is Beetle Bailey. How's that for awkward?

I think Jim Davis knows he sucks, but if someone wanted to pay me millions of dollars to not be funny I don't think I'd have a problem with it.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2005, 05:39:45 pm »

"I feel like Mrs John Lithgow when I've got one of those things in my mouth!"

That is all
Logged

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2005, 08:37:39 pm »

Tienes un pedro frio in su boca.

             O:

Tu piedra resfriado, tienes un pene en su boca, puto.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Your Actual Chance to Say "Up Yours" to Garfield
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2005, 09:08:12 pm »

Quote from: "Pedro Picasso"
Tienes un pedro frio in su boca.

             O:

Tu piedra resfriado, tienes un pene en su boca, puto.


From now on, I'm using "Pedro Frio" as my junk e-mail alias.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up