Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute  (Read 6973 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 04:08:02 am »

Quote from: "linnea"
Plus the "pee'ing for joy" part sounds pretty bad.


I dunno... sounds kinda fun. I may start doing that myself.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2005, 07:14:07 am »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "linnea"
Plus the "pee'ing for joy" part sounds pretty bad.


I dunno... sounds kinda fun. I may start doing that myself.


It's actually sort of adorable, when you forget the urine and consider that you're dealing with an animal that is, by definition, without a concept of restraint. I remember when I was a little kid, and I visited a pet store and asked to handle a cocker spaniel puppy. This puppy was, apparently, delighted to meet me. (In retrospect, sadly, from the state of the that pet store, that poor dog would have been happy for any moments outside its miserably small and uncomfortable cage.) It was just so excited, it couldn't help itself. There's something pure about that.

I've got a pet guinea pig; they literally leap directly into the air, with all of their strength, when they're happy. It serves no purpose. They just do. It's like that. It's the most wonderful thing in the world.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2005, 01:37:38 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "linnea"
Plus the "pee'ing for joy" part sounds pretty bad.


I dunno... sounds kinda fun. I may start doing that myself.


It's actually sort of adorable, when you forget the urine and consider that you're dealing with an animal that is, by definition, without a concept of restraint. I remember when I was a little kid, and I visited a pet store and asked to handle a cocker spaniel puppy. This puppy was, apparently, delighted to meet me. (In retrospect, sadly, from the state of the that pet store, that poor dog would have been happy for any moments outside its miserably small and uncomfortable cage.) It was just so excited, it couldn't help itself. There's something pure about that.

I've got a pet guinea pig; they literally leap directly into the air, with all of their strength, when they're happy. It serves no purpose. They just do. It's like that. It's the most wonderful thing in the world.


They also leap into the air when you have three males in a 20 square foot cage fighting for dominance:

I have pictures, but they're huge, so PM me if you want them.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2005, 04:47:21 pm »

Guinea pigs are pretty damn awesome. I had one when I was younger. He loved nothing more than when I took the cage part off his cage and put it outside, and let him sit in the grass. He actually ended up dying there one warm spring day, in the sun and the grass. It helped me get over his death to know that when he died, he was exactly where he wanted to be, above anyplace else.

Small enough to carry and small enough to keep anywhere, emotive enough to be interesting. And when they start scurrying, they BURST with CUTENESS.

All hail the pigs of Guinea.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2005, 05:47:38 pm »

I was the proud owner of 2 guinea piggies for about half a day. I built them a huge open-topped cage and covered the bottom with Carefresh and hay. As I stood there, watching them scurry around, I realized that I had basically boughten a pair of four-legged furry chickens. People in South America raise them for meat. I love animals, but I just couldn't handle the piggies. I took them back to the pet shop.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2005, 07:28:58 pm »

I had a few pairs of guinea pigs. Two in particular were really nice - a crowned dark chocolate coloured one and an albino one.
Before that when I was a kid I had two that lived with my rabbit, who lived himself to a remarkable age. They kept breaking out though, and in the end did make a run for it with success. My rabbit however was sat at the edge of his hutch eating dandelions as ever with the door wide open. He just refused to even consider leaving.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2005, 03:36:05 am »

Quote from: "linnea"
I was the proud owner of 2 guinea piggies for about half a day. I built them a huge open-topped cage and covered the bottom with Carefresh and hay. As I stood there, watching them scurry around, I realized that I had basically boughten a pair of four-legged furry chickens. People in South America raise them for meat. I love animals, but I just couldn't handle the piggies. I took them back to the pet shop.


If it's the same place where you bought that bread-shaped cat, I can certainly understand why. What were the guinea pigs shaped like, meatloaf?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2005, 02:01:50 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "linnea"
I was the proud owner of 2 guinea piggies for about half a day. I built them a huge open-topped cage and covered the bottom with Carefresh and hay. As I stood there, watching them scurry around, I realized that I had basically boughten a pair of four-legged furry chickens. People in South America raise them for meat. I love animals, but I just couldn't handle the piggies. I took them back to the pet shop.

If it's the same place where you bought that bread-shaped cat, I can certainly understand why. What were the guinea pigs shaped like, meatloaf?

Don't be silly. They're much to small to be a proper meatloaf. They were shaped like muffins.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2005, 06:51:27 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Quote from: "linnea"
I was the proud owner of 2 guinea piggies for about half a day. I built them a huge open-topped cage and covered the bottom with Carefresh and hay. As I stood there, watching them scurry around, I realized that I had basically boughten a pair of four-legged furry chickens. People in South America raise them for meat. I love animals, but I just couldn't handle the piggies. I took them back to the pet shop.

If it's the same place where you bought that bread-shaped cat, I can certainly understand why. What were the guinea pigs shaped like, meatloaf?

Don't be silly. They're much to small to be a proper meatloaf. They were shaped like muffins.


Man, I really wanted to like them. They are like little furred cattle, running around and grazing. I would have liked to have fed them veggies and treats, and let them graze out on the lawn. However, the actual physical sight of the 'pigs was way different than my mental preconception of cuteness. When I looked at their little eyes, so much like that of a chicken, I could not shake the image of someone with chickens, goats, and other assorted livestock running around the house.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2005, 06:58:19 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

Don't be silly. They're much to small to be a proper meatloaf. They were shaped like muffins.


At our local Whole Foods they sell meatloafs that, now that I think of it, and I wish I hadn't, are exactly the size of guinea pigs.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 07:03:12 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Quote from: "CortJstr"

Don't be silly. They're much to small to be a proper meatloaf. They were shaped like muffins.


At our local Whole Foods they sell meatloafs that, now that I think of it, and I wish I hadn't, are exactly the size of guinea pigs.


When I lived in Boulder, there was this hippie pizza joint called "Fatty J's" that had these delicious pizza rolls (they were called "Blunts"...hurr hurrr hurrrr). They were about hamster-sized. Now I forever associate small furred mammals with savory treats. The meatloaf story just corroborates my vision.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 08:33:31 pm »

Quote from: "linnea"

"Fatty J's"


Can't say that's a name that would make me particularly want to eat something. That said it was when my parents discovered Sloppy Joes that we started eating them.

I saw something just the other night in which someone tried a takeaway guinea pig, and I can't say it looked particularly appetising.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Domesticated Foxes - Rather Cute
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 11:08:38 pm »

I would just like to say that saying "meatloafs" and "meatloaves" are both equally great.

Also, whenever I see wombat's avatar it makes me want to crochet her a poncho! See this picture of Martha Stewart for reference.

Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up