Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Secret Postcards  (Read 3130 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Secret Postcards
« on: April 29, 2005, 11:00:19 pm »

Sometimes sad.  Sometimes creepy.  Unutterably absorbing.  People's secrets on postcards.  PostSecret

_______________________
Whisper.
Logged

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Secret Postcards
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 11:21:37 pm »

This is really good. I hope that they are all true. I get so swamped with the banal sometimes that it's easy to miss how many people are living poems.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Secret Postcards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 11:44:37 pm »

I sometimes get tempted to do this. I'm not sure if my secrets are interesting enough, but...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Secret Postcards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 03:56:47 am »

I saw this on Waxy's links a couple weeks ago.  Some great stuff there.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Secret Postcards
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 05:31:07 am »

I saw it on Zelman like a week ago. Strangely, I always figure this board to be full of surfers who find good links.

Should I change my admitted preconception and post links for all to see?
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Secret Postcards
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 06:15:39 am »

I have a bunch that I would like to send in, but I don't know that I ever will. I found this link a few weeks ago on NPR's site.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Secret Postcards
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 06:28:08 am »

Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Secret Postcards
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 04:19:52 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Onstad?  Mrs. Onstad?

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/img/296/2612/1024/rr.jpg

The following error was encountered:

    * Access Denied.

      Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Secret Postcards
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 05:20:53 pm »

I got this error too.  I just went straight to Pedro's link and tried to figure it out myself.  My guess is that he's referring to the postcard that's second from the bottom.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Secret Postcards
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 06:20:05 pm »

Try this. Although since they have no archives and this is way at the bottom by tomorrow it will probably be gone.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Secret Postcards
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 09:10:54 pm »

It won't work if you click right on the link due to their hotlinking efforts, but when you get the error message, just select the addressbar and press return.

It'll load.
Pages: [1]   Go Up