Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: June bugs? No, June blogs.  (Read 6804 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2005, 03:46:55 pm »

First I thought that the idea of Mr. Bear "porking" would win for today. Then Philippe decided enough with the poetry so I thought that would win. But I was unprepared for "She insouciantly strolled up to the table despite the sudden and strong interest I had taken in my watch."
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2005, 06:21:57 pm »

I'm sorry, but:

Onstad, if the Julio's Delicious Sauce anecdote accurately reflects reality and your feelings about it, you're a dick. Honestly.

At least use the freakin' salad dressing. Throwing it out because of shame is just crass.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2005, 06:38:14 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I'm sorry, but:

Onstad, if the Julio's Delicious Sauce anecdote accurately reflects reality and your feelings about it, you're a dick. Honestly.

At least use the freakin' salad dressing. Throwing it out because of shame is just crass.

The blogs are obviously written in the voice of Onstad the character so I assume this is an amplification of his actual personality. Because obviously you could treat this stuff as one would a nice balsamic vinegar and only use it occasionally, saving the $1.50 stuff for day-to-day use.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2005, 07:51:55 pm »

A computer should be a fun place to be!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2005, 08:00:27 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
A computer should be a fun place to be!

I think this is going to be my new mod quote whenever people start taking this too seriously. Perhaps I will write it on the Onion Offense cards.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2005, 08:04:59 pm »

Molly needs to update her blog.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2005, 08:41:06 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Molly needs to update her blog.

Seriously. Especially given the, er, not totally optimistic tone of Beef's latest poetry. Are there Relationship Problems?

(Also, I hope I am not alone in liking Beef's poetry at least partially unironically.)
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2005, 02:12:51 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, I hope I am not alone in liking Beef's poetry at least partially unironically.


Not so much the current ones, but I always think his dangerous food poems are awesome.

Meanwhile does anyone else really like how Pat tries to communicate (what I'm assuming is) a dramatic pause?
Quote from: "Pat"
, — ,



Writing poetry showing how he really understands the suffering of people in times gone by is so perfect for Pat's character that I can't stop smiling.

I really like Cornelius' apology drinking game.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2005, 04:03:36 pm »

"Chateauneuf-du-Pape" = Pope's new castle.

That is a great thing.
Logged
goose means greedy

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2005, 04:33:44 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Are there Relationship Problems?

There will always be relationship problems.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2005, 07:16:41 pm »

As far as I can tell, Onstad totally cooked up that Calvados ritual with the five glasses.

That is some excellent fiction and I think I will adopt/adapt the ritual for tomorrow's Summer Solstice dinner.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2005, 01:28:55 pm »

I will buy Nice Pete's book when it is offered for sale.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2005, 03:32:08 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
I will buy Nice Pete's book when it is offered for sale.

As will I. If Onstad actually sells this, I will probably buy merch again. Yay!

Also looking forward to the celebrity-chef-Tex-Mex hijinks with Molly. This could prove to be pretty funny.
Logged

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June bugs? No, June blogs.
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2005, 05:51:36 pm »

er...a little tired of Molly's lack of ability to find/hold a decent job. Although she does seem to be moving ever so slowly up the restaurant ladder.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up