Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That Word Front, the kind host of TOUAMB.com, offers high quality t-shirts for sale?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005  (Read 1502 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« on: August 10, 2005, 02:56:23 pm »

I don't know - this one seemed a little too much like yesterday's comic to really be new or fresh.

Maybe it'll play better when it's in the book.  You really can't appreciate these things until you've paid money for them.

V-Adore

  • Guest
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 03:13:53 pm »

Q: What's the sound of a drum set falling off a cliff?

A: Ba-dum ching!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 03:44:23 pm »

I guess it's better this way.  After yesterday's strip it was pretty clear that the man was TOTALLY OUT OF IDEAS.

Better this than a strip where a Filas cross-trainer is left on Pat's doorstep.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 06:49:10 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
I guess it's better this way.  After yesterday's strip it was pretty clear that the man was TOTALLY OUT OF IDEAS.


This is why I have stopped commenting on the comics, by and large. Besides, I have more important thinsg to do than rag on a guy who can't think of something that amuses everyone, every day.
Ah, to work from home again!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Null

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 204
    • View Profile
    • http://beckoningchasm.com
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 06:53:54 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Better this than a strip where a Filas cross-trainer is left on Pat's doorstep.


Must...control urge...to write...like Pat...
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 07:11:31 pm »

I would leave a giant, smelly birkenstock at Pat's door.

For the same reason, I suspect, as Slink, I generally don't comment on comics either.

I loves my free entertainment.
Logged

Suckin_Dick

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 56
    • View Profile
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2005, 05:47:39 am »

hey, y'know i'm upset by the lack of updates but i gotta be impressed that the guy has been doing a daily comic for nearly 4 years even after having a brand new kid.  i live at home and don't even have a job anymore, i still couldn't keep drawing my comic for more than a few weeks before i just gave up.  so, i can forgive him a lack of creative output lately.  in short, give the fella a break occasionally.
Logged
suckin dick bought this van.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
We Return Thursday - 10 August 2005
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2005, 07:32:36 am »

As someone who has been working creatively, and unmotivated by anything other than my own self motivation to do such work, for nearly two months now, I can tell you that there are days were I read two sentences of what I wrote the day before, and then I change the punctuation, then have a change of heart, then change it back.  Then  I spend my day researching something I might possibly write about only to determin after hours of research that whatever I have been looking into is irrelivant.  This has actually been a fair analysis of my work on occasion.  No joke.  Not every day, but some days.

The next time my SO asks how the writting went today, I think I'll simply say, "edit, Undo Typing."

So basically, all I can say, even when it's a stupid large shoe strip, from yesterday, without even an update note, is that he's one up on me most days of the week.

I did however, look at the "Get a signed copy of this strip!" link at the bottom of the strip yesterday and snigger.  I mean, it has an exclaimation mark behind it and everything.  It's silly.  I mean come on.  Who would be more embarassed in this transaction, Onstad, or the person ordering it?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up