Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: They get all rotty. A fly has a baby. Dirt is born. Jan. 31 2010  (Read 7008 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: They get all rotty. A fly has a baby. Dirt is born. Jan. 31 2010
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2010, 10:45:37 pm »

Welp, I'm off to a composting seminar.  Seriously.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: They get all rotty. A fly has a baby. Dirt is born. Jan. 31 2010
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 10:59:32 pm »

I compost.  There is nothing like opening up my composter, in the middle of the Canadian winter, and seeing the steam rising off of it.  It's all like "Fuck yeah!  I am composting, and I am doing it right, mutha fucka!"  Who knew rotting vegitation could be so damn satifying.

Also, at the University I used to work at, the compost program accepted all food waste, including meat and dairy, which was just disgusting to me...  What the hell?  I don't want to be any where near where they process that stuff.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: They get all rotty. A fly has a baby. Dirt is born. Jan. 31 2010
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 04:23:03 am »

I think you can compost meat and dairy as long as there's a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of plant material in there. 

In "The Omnivore's Dilemma," at Joel Salatin's farm they compost the blood of slaughtered chickens, by mixing it with a crapload of sawdust from their milling operation.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: They get all rotty. A fly has a baby. Dirt is born. Jan. 31 2010
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 05:22:12 am »

Salatin is probably the coolest person ever. SO COOL.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Dangermoose

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 51
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 191
    • View Profile
Re: They get all rotty. A fly has a baby. Dirt is born. Jan. 31 2010
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 11:25:42 pm »

I didn't even put meat or cheese in to get maggots.  The maggots were just like, "So what if an overrripe melon is food?  I ain't buggin."

A fly lays an egg.  Dirt is born.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up