Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: North Country  (Read 1202 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
North Country
« on: October 21, 2005, 03:15:06 am »

Ok Charlize we get it, your a great actress.  Now stop trying so hard to prove it by taking roles that seek to hide your beauty.  Take a cue from Renee, in between the serious roles do some fluff and show us your uh... stuff.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
North Country
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 03:53:12 am »

Oh, I thought this was about the classic song "Girl From the North Country," particularly the duet version by Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan.

But I guess not.
I doubt I'll see the movie. I usually don't really feel like spending $10 to make myself depressed. I can do that for free, at home, just by looking in the mirror.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
North Country
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 05:32:04 am »

Have you seen Arrested Development? They're running a subplot now called "For British Eyes Only," featuring Dave Thomas and, yes, Charlize.

Have you seen the trailer for Aeon Flux? Maybe they're doing the original justice, maybe they're not. Regardless, it stars a vinyl-clad Charlize.

Rest easy, Paul, my friend. She doesn't take herself as seriously as you think.

ed: spelling
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
North Country
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 07:11:47 am »

Oh, god, yeah, Aeon Flux. I don't know at all, man. I'm in a really weird age group re:Flux, just because I vaguely remember watching it in awe and horror when I was a wee tyke. A while ago, when I was dating the girl who later told me about her boyfriends 9-incher (this actually happened again, last week, with an earlier girlfriend. Also, I got sideswiped by a car today, when I had the pedestrian right of way, and he gave me the finger as he drove off. God hates me.), we watched all of these episodes she had taped, and they struck me as...well, nothing like this movie. Even the comic that's coming out right now is more like the episodes than the movie trailer makes the movie seem- she at least makes jokes and smiles occasionally.


I just read what I wrote above. Jesus Christ. I am a sad, sad bastard. I just wrote a paragraph about how pissed I was that a movie based on an extremely incomprehensible and hit-or-miss cartoon that I've seen maybe 10 episodes of didn't look like the cartoon. I hate people like me SO MUCH.
Isn't there a new guy on the board who lives in New York? Can he come over and shoot me in the head?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
North Country
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 11:55:37 am »

Bozack, you really ARE the most melancholy of Batmen, aren't you?

I'd give you a hug, but that would be weird. I'll give a dollar to one of the noobs to do it on my behalf, though.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
North Country
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 11:56:16 am »

We <3 you, Bozack.

Really, we do.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up