Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.  (Read 25200 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2005, 05:48:19 pm »

Hey!  Why do we get SIX asterisks when we type #####?

Testing, testing:

##### = trousers
***** = automaton
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2005, 09:32:51 pm »

That reminds of a time years ago when I was shopping with my g/r, now my wife and bought 3 items

1 pair of trousers
1 pair of slacks
1 pair of #####es

They each had a different term on the label for what they were.

Does anyone have an idea what is the difference between slacks, #####es, and trousers?
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2005, 10:29:28 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

1 pair of #####es


#####es? Where were you shopping, Fops 'R' Us?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2005, 10:42:17 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"

1 pair of #####es


#####es? Where were you shopping, Fops 'R' Us?


Oh, oh! They sell the best cod pieces!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2005, 11:24:21 pm »

No preciousss, we shopses at Gollum's for our #####es, we does.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2005, 08:27:55 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
No preciousss, we shopses at Gollum's for our #####es, we does.


This sent me into a gigglefit.  I'm just imagining the Smeagol vs. Gollum ads...

"We likes the customers!  They are our friends!"
"No, they tricked us!  They wants our fantastic bargainses!"

...This is the sort of thing that usually amuses me only when I'm on cold medicine.  Odd.

"Come down to our midnight madness sale!  Because the yellow face burns us!"
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

aparrish

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 115
    • View Profile
    • http://myth.livejournal.com/
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2005, 08:28:28 pm »

Uh, I have a question.  I'm going to get my tarot cards/fortune read on Monday.  I normally don't go in for the whole fortune telling/astrology/clairvoyance stuff but I'm interested in the process and my girlfriend strongly recommends this particular psychic.  Inexplicably, though, I'm kind of nervous about the whole deal.  So, uh, does anyone else have any experience with the whole psychic thing?  Care to relate your experience, what you brought to it, what you took away?

I ask because I'm curious, and I'm hoping that hearing other people talk about it will help me feel more relaxed.

(100 posts!)
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2005, 10:16:07 pm »

Quote from: "aparrish"
So, uh, does anyone else have any experience with the whole psychic thing?  


Never been to one personally, but I've read a bit about how they work.  If the psychic tells you something that makes you go "How'd s/he know that?", ask yourself:  

Was that in fact something really general for which I actually provided the details?  e.g., the psychic may say "I see something involving you and a car yesterday," which could mean you got hit by a car, you got a ticket, you bought a new car, any number of things.  If you blurt out "my dog just got hit by a car," that's not any kind of supernatural gift at work, you just got led.

How many times did the psychich miss before s/he hit?  People who swear by psychics tend to forget the "visions" that didn't work, and only remember the remarkable insights.

And finally, is that something unique to me, or just human nature?  "You often enjoy the company of others, but sometimes you prefer to be alone."  How many billions of people is that true for?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2005, 11:00:38 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
And finally, is that something unique to me, or just human nature?  "You often enjoy the company of others, but sometimes you prefer to be alone."  How many billions of people is that true for?

My psych 101 professor used to give out personality tets on the first day of class. A week later everybody would get an envelope with a description of their personality and would have to rate it's accuracy from 1 to 5. Something like 92% said 4 or 5. He'd then reveal that everybody got the description for Virgo out of some astrology book from 1982.
Logged

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2005, 11:07:58 pm »

"Come down to our midnight madness sale!  Because the yellow face burns us!"[/quote]

"It finds uss off Highway 13, next to the Hardees. DON'T follow the lights!"
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2005, 11:21:10 pm »

Quote from: "Lister"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
No preciousss, we shopses at Gollum's for our #####es, we does.


This sent me into a gigglefit.  I'm just imagining the Smeagol vs. Gollum ads...

"We likes the customers!  They are our friends!"
"No, they tricked us!  They wants our fantastic bargainses!"

...This is the sort of thing that usually amuses me only when I'm on cold medicine.  Odd.

"Come down to our midnight madness sale!  Because the yellow face burns us!"


This made me chortle in my cube. People think I'm not working now.

This could make an extremely funny flash movie.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2005, 02:36:41 am »

"Come to Crazy Smeagol's, where the prices are so low they GOLLUM GOLLUM GOLLUM!"
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #117 on: December 04, 2005, 05:58:03 pm »

is it too late to nominate this thread for best of 2005?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #118 on: December 05, 2005, 02:36:39 pm »

I was going to make a joke about Gollum/Smeagol and discount jewlery including rings... but's I'm too tired so make us your own funny.

When it comes the the psychic thing, try not to say all that much if you have to wait in a lobby area, as I saw a documentary on psychics where a "real" psychic debunked several fakes by showing how they set up an audio feed from the waiting area to a back rom somewhere so that they can learn about tidbits of your life and impliment them.

When it comes to having your tarot cards read, just remember that you don't need to be psychic to read tarot cards - the two aren't inter-related even though tarot cards are oft read by psychics.  When it comes to tarot cards, I used to read them, and also had a friend read my tarot once too.  I tend to be of the mind that tarot cards will trigger you to bring forth things that you are aware of unconciously - just causing things that are in the back of your mind to come forward.  

Also, AD - I always thought that I was the only slacker who sneaks on the this board at work.  Huh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies.
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2005, 03:53:20 pm »

The only person to slack off and read the board at work?  HA!

Sorry, what I meant to say is, I'm supportive of you in your work-slacking, since I do the same thing, pretty much constantly.

Also, AD - I've definitely been looked at very strangely for breaking out laughing in my cube - and the infuriating thing about this job is that I can't just forward them the link and have people appreciate it.  Soon, I tell you, soon!

I think this is the first time I've used 2 non-consecutive exclamation points while writing, ever.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up