Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: STYX Tickets!  (Read 4579 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2004, 04:46:01 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
[Edit: I'm a shoe now, bitch!]

Mondo congratulations.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2004, 05:07:44 pm »

And this belonged in the Conservatory?

If I wasn't listening to Primus right now I wouldn't let it go.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2004, 05:38:22 pm »

Quote from: "slink"
And this belonged in the Conservatory?

If I wasn't listening to Primus right now I wouldn't let it go.

Well, the topic is at least marginally about music... despite the drift.

You could always kick it to the Lounge and let Choop deal with it.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2004, 05:51:26 pm »

Damn, it's only six posts removed from music. You mods, I swear, you let the power go to your heads.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2004, 08:42:00 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "AugustWest"
Quote from: "Choopernickel"
since I work for the state,


Me too.


Why does it feel like we've had this conversation? Like a full 20% of a bunch of people on some forum I frequent work for the state. Does this comply with the general statistics?

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Government work rocks!


No, it doesn't. Government benefits rock. 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 3 weeks sick leave, all in one year. That rocks.

edit for clarification and general expansion


FED GOVT: All STATE Holidays (since I'm in a State Office) AND all FED holidays. Like, 13 of them here. Also, accumulating sick time at 4 hours per pay period (104 hours a year) and Vacation at 6 hours per pay period (156 hours per year, which in two years is increased to 8 per period).

So, right now, for every 8 hours of work I am accumulating one hour off, and in two years, it increases to 1.2 hours off per 8 hours. Sick time accumulates forever, but only 240 hours of Vacation gets carried over per year. I have been carrying over 6 weeks for the past 5-6 years now.


THAT rocks.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2004, 08:44:02 pm »

If you aren't part of the solution . . .

I would be on that like flies on shit, if I weren't presently doin a number much like that on a company in the private sector
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2004, 08:55:08 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
So, right now, for every 8 hours of work I am accumulating one hour off, and in two years, it increases to 1.2 hours off per 8 hours. Sick time accumulates forever, but only 240 hours of Vacation gets carried over per year. I have been carrying over 6 weeks for the past 5-6 years now.

THAT rocks.

Gentlement, initiate project AlohaDawg Needs a Bitch-Slap.

I mean 6 weeks? Damn.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2004, 09:01:28 pm »

I mean, come on, how can I take THAT much time off? I carry over the 240, and during the year (26 pay periods) 156 hours get generated. I waould have to take off almost 10 weeks to burn off all that time, and that is with not touching my sick time at all (2 weeks and 3 days). 12 weeks is almost a quarter of the year. That's a lot of time to take off....

Hmmm....one week a month.....that sounds OK, too....
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 09:02:51 pm »

I like Dawg and all, but that's pure and simple just wrong.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 12:07:05 pm »

My pop is a long time government worker, and never took time off.  He's getting close to retirement, and at this point I believe he has over three years of vacation saved up.  When he retires, the vacation is paid out in cash, at his present salary no less.  

Almost makes me wish I wasn't in the private sector....
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 01:25:37 pm »

Let's see, I get 1.25 annual leave days per month, or 15 per year.  I also get 1 sick day per month or 12 per year.  That makes 27 days per year total.  I also have about 10 days of comp time saved up.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 02:13:11 pm »

I don't get any of that stuff. My ex's dad was a cop, and his retirement was based on 60% of the average over his last three or five years on the job. He racked up the OT and got something like 62 K a year in retirement.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
STYX Tickets!
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 05:06:15 pm »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
My pop is a long time government worker, and never took time off.  He's getting close to retirement, and at this point I believe he has over three years of vacation saved up.  When he retires, the vacation is paid out in cash, at his present salary no less.  

Almost makes me wish I wasn't in the private sector....


They changed retirement systems....your Pop must be under civil service retirement. He gets to count all his sick time as service and retire earlier with the time in, too I think...they changed all that. So before I retire I'm predicting an extended vacation followed by illness. In about 20 years or so unless a particuarly sweet self-employment opportunity wanders along.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up