Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: unnecessary!  (Read 7131 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefox

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 13
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 76
    • View Profile
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2006, 01:13:38 am »

They don't mind that I'm called Maddy (although they RARELY call me that, which is confusing for everyone else).
I remember I tried to get Lynnie started in middle school, but it didn't stick.
The thing about a nickname is that you can't really choose it yourself. You can try, and if it sticks, it sticks - but ultimately a nickname is everyone's decision but yours.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: unnecessary!
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2006, 04:00:52 am »

Yeah - the only nickname that ever really stuck with me was given to me by my senior year English teacher. Friends from those years are still known to call me by it.

As a joke, because I am one of the most Wonderbread white boys you can imagine, I listed my name on my locker at work as "Da E-Dawg" and that seems to have stuck amongst that set of friends.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up