Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIA but still in our hearts  (Read 2137 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« on: January 17, 2006, 02:42:48 am »

Andalucia has only recently gone AWOL, but she should be on that list.  I say that even though another has my vote.  Shouldn't it be an honor just to be nominated or something like that?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 02:46:45 am »

She's swell and we all love her, but she wasn't nominated prior to nominations closing. We have to adhere to some structure although it's regrettable. I miss her too.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:48:21 am »

That AlohaDawg, he runs a tight ship.  I'd still want to meet him even if he lived in Cleveland, though.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 02:49:14 am »

Yeah, OK.  Come home Andalucia, we miss you.  Come Home Ark, we need you.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 02:49:56 am »

That AlohaDawg, he runs a tight ship.  I'd still want to meet him even if he lived in Cleveland, though.

Nah, screw that, Cleveland Smells bad.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 02:51:26 am »

I want multiple votes in the category. I can't choose just one!
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2006, 02:57:38 am »

Nah, screw that, Cleveland Smells bad.

~Paul

You don't REALLY want to compare Cleveland to Houston, do you?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2006, 03:07:43 am »

I want multiple votes in the category. I can't choose just one!

Yeah, this one's painful.  All the ones voting for a best person are a lot less fun than I anticipated.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 08:33:56 pm »

All of them are loved and missed or they wouldn't have been nominated. Fear not voting.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 02:57:47 am »

Aww! I miss you guys too. I haven't been able to make the time for my precious internet addiction lately. However, I am a probationary firefighter now, and I'm set for search-and-rescue ropes technician training in April and EMT-II classes pretty soon. Alaska is pretty rad, but I miss my family down in the lower 48. And I miss internet access that costs less than $130/month (screw you, TelAlaska).

Also, where the hell is the joughypantaloons. Come on, people. 
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 03:06:21 am »

Argh!  Linnea's got a life!

OMG, do you think this is what happened to the rest of them too?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 04:57:49 am »

No, I like to think that Zart is still in a library basement somewhere, growing more and more eccentric and ornery with each day, muttering cultural references to himself and sniggering.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 05:27:27 am »

Since we're all imaginary, he was kind of already doing that.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
MIA but still in our hearts
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 06:48:28 am »

Also, where the hell is the joughypantaloons. Come on, people. 

What, I'm here.  They can't miss me if I don't go away.

But I do owe you an email.  Its coming. Soon. 

Wait for it.  Wait. For. It...
Pages: [1]   Go Up