Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I get so lonely up here. You never write, you never call.

sigh

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Peter Boyle is dead.  (Read 1625 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Peter Boyle is dead.
« on: December 13, 2006, 07:38:09 pm »

I was gonna make espresso!

A fairly boilerplate type of obit with an interesting note that I did not know:

Through his wife, a friend of Yoko Ono, the actor became close friends with John Lennon. "We were both seekers after a truth, looking for a quick way to enlightenment," Boyle once said of Lennon, who was best man at his wedding. (emphasis mine)
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:08:06 pm »

S'long Wizard. Don't never stop putting on the ritz.

HUUUR-R-R-UGGGH!
Logged
We must repeat!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 08:46:56 pm »

Sad.  Boyle was by far the best thing about that lame piece of crap Everybody Loves Raymond.

"For as long as I can remember people have hated me. They looked at my face and my body and they ran away in horror. In my loneliness I decided that if I could not inspire love, which is my deepest hope, I would instead cause fear. I live because this poor half-crazed genius, has given me life. He alone held an image of me as something beautiful and then, when it would have been easy enough to stay out of danger, he used his own body as a guinea pig to give me a calmer brain and a somewhat more sophisticated way of expressing myself."
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:07 pm »

Sad.  Boyle was by far the best thing about that lame piece of crap Everybody Loves Raymond.


Seconded.  Definitely.  My wife was a regular watcher, and I'd pause as I walked through the room if he was on the screen.  Well, that, and to gawk at Brad Garrett's height on occasion.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Peter Boyle is dead.
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 10:29:40 pm »

That show ate ass. I was sitting here thinking about what a shame it is when a talent like Peter Boyle is wasted in a pile of shit like that, but then again:

Quote from: Ray Romano
Once in a while my wife complains about my jokes. I tell her to go cry in a big bag of money.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: [1]   Go Up