Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006  (Read 9308 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2006, 04:09:47 am »

goodness. cancer is terrifying.

all I can think of about chemo is from "Star Trek IV" (the whales).
mostly because my grandfather who had to have it lives in Chile. So I didn't see him during it.

but I do know that it is horrible. damn. I am so bad at expressing sympathy in a way that sounds genuine.
I am sorry that you have to deal with this. cancer, I think, can make all of us appreciate how amazingly complex our bodies are. the sheer number of things which go right each and every second is mind-boggling.

I think what side_show has said encapsulates it best. I hope for the best for your grandmother and your family (as well as plenty of sunshine.)

Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2006, 06:57:07 pm »

Thanks.

This is why cancer is such a bitch -- it's your body's own cells gone mad, so the only things that can kill it also kill healthy cells in droves. Ergo: painful, scary, somewhat inevitable, and difficult.

Oddly, this is analagous to war, too. I hope your grandmother fares well.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: DOG SHIT DOG SHIT DOG SHIT HELP - 25 April 2006
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2006, 07:18:18 pm »

I'm astounded by the progress cancer treatment has made.  My mother had a tumor in her colon, stage 2.  Chemo and radiation downstaged it and they did surgery to remove it, and she's been fine since.  Really amazing.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up