Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wine: Keep a red and a white on hand at all times. When choosing wines on the wine aisle, use this simple rhyme to make your selection: “Closer to the floor, is meant for the poor / closer to the lights, is more like for if Bono comes over.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Electric razors  (Read 7923 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 01:19:10 am »

Good Idea

Also, your school has a grooming code???  Good lord, what won't they do?

I keep forgetting how much Jeph's art has improved over the years.

Don't worry, theinevitable, the boys' school affiliated with the school I went to also had a grooming code.  The lads weren't even allowed to dye their hair "unnatural" colours.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 01:20:52 am »

it's more one of those things where they don't enfore it until they're mad at you about something else, and then they slap that on you as well.

basically it amounts to: no wierd piercings, no unnatural hair colors, no facial hair. no "excessive" hair length.
plus: no clothes that are fun.

and yes I follow it. except when I forget to shave for a week at a time.
most of the teachers ignore it, except this one asshole who keeps telling me to tuck my shirt in. he told me today that if he has to tell me again, he's sending me to THE DEAN. Which means I will get an "unexcused abscence." As a senior, this means that I would have to take my final exams. Which I do not want to take.

I hate him. I hate him to HELL.

It doesn't help that he and his wife are the two ugliest human beings I have ever seen. They are, I think, the only people I feel no moral qualms about mocking. I feel bad for not feeling bad, but... egh. He looks like an anal retentive asshole. i tried not to judge him. but, guess what!

anyway, yeah. we have a Dress and Grooming Code. Unfortunately/fortunately, it is essentially not applied to the girls. for a few reasons, I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 01:26:17 am »

That sounds like the teacher at my school who stood by the walkers entrance. He's rip the Walkman right off of your head because the school handbook said that "no communication devices" are allowed on school grounds and a Walkman has a radio in it. The guy was a huge dick. He actually ran for local office and got completely slaughtered much to the delight of the students.

After he tried to search my backback because he'd seen me with headphones on I pointed out to the main office that this rule meant the teachers all had to rip the stereos out of their cars. The next year they changed it to say that communication devices had to be in your locker and turned off between 8:40 and 3:20.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 01:35:20 am »

and then, abruptly shave it off. the ladies will be Agog at your "baby soft skin," will feel all over your face, etc. plus they will want to get in maximum cuddles before you grow back a scratchy beard.

This is true, but on the other end of the spectrum, when you shave off the best beard in town, dudes will mock you for looking like a baby.  With a beard, I'm basically untouchable, then without, I get bombarded with Elijah Wood jokes.

I hear that I signed up for I Want a Famous Face tv show:  Elijah Wood, and all they did was shave the beard.  

And some ladies like the beard... but those are always the dangerous ones.
Logged
ACHIEVE

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Electric razors
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 04:33:29 am »

A beard is still far superior to a mustache, with the impressive exceptions like Paul's most 'taches (see what I did there?) are either really sad or creepy as hell.
But I may or may not have unresolved issues in that arena.

Going way back to the shaving: I'm going to try convince my lady to shave with a man's razor now to test this theory out because she is always cutting herself to hell and I never do (when I first started shaving I used to cut my lips all the time, because they are so full and pouty, but I have become more careful) .
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up