Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I once had the idea that, if only for a moment each night, everyone in the world was asleep at the same time. It made the world manageable.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday TheInevitable  (Read 6016 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 04:14:29 am »

The Dell is a Core Duo T23000, which is 1.66 GHz, 2MB L2 cache.  Which is good, but the extra couple hundred MHz's might make a difference here or there.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 04:15:23 am »

Happy Belated Birthday, T!

This is belated because I was gone on a trip, but I hope your day was good.

Eighteenth birthday has its ups and downs.  Downside is that minors will hassle you to buy them cigarettes.  Upside is that you can stop lying to that "I Agree" button at the porno sites!
Logged
ACHIEVE

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 04:38:36 am »

If the specs really are equal, then I would recommend HP's pretty decent service over Dell's abysmal service.  Trying to get something fixed via warranty from Dell is basically like being on fire and having ugly women try to put you out with oil, and not getting that they are only feeding the flames and burning what was left of your face.

HP's service, by comparison, is only like ripping the hair out of your genital area with hot wax and backing strips.  Piece of cake.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 04:45:34 am »

we were all sitting around this wierd waterfall thing, and we dared these two people (one was Paul!) to jump off. And we watched as the two landed directly on their backs/necks.  We all immediately went to check the board, to post a "OMG paul died!" topic.

Did the waterfall in your dream look anything like this?  Because I took this picture on Sunday afternoon and I very nearly slipped while climbing the steep incline in the forefront of the picture.  Had I slipped I would have fallen about 25'.  But I didn't, I lived to tell the tale and take this photograph.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 04:48:25 am »

hm. not really.

in the dream it was a "waterfall", but it didn't really look like a natural fixture. it seemed more like something that would be part of someone's pool.

Also: really? I feel lame for thinking the lightscribe drive was pretty cool.

and we thought the tv-tuner seemed utterly useless and rediculous.

and we figured I'd get media center edition.

so I guess we would have basically lost.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 05:12:23 am »

TV tuners are a really the only reason to have Windows MCE.  Essentially then, you have your own personal DVR with no subscriptions.  I still drool over my friend's X1900 All-In-Wonder setup.  And I guess a lightscribe drive could be useful, it just seems like it is not worth any extra cost.  But if you want easy black and white labels on your CDs it is a good way to go!  I guess...  And Jough is right about Dell's service.  It is absolutely abysmal and unforgiveable. 
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 05:23:00 am »

yeah, I mean, the lightscribe... we just read the description, and said "hm, that seems pretty cool..."
I think it was the only option for a CD/DVD burner. I don't think I'll ever be burning DVD's, but being able to watch DVD's will be a plus. (my current computer has a non-functioning CD burner. so, no dvds for me!)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday TheInevitable
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 10:20:56 pm »

Lightscribe sounds cool until you look at how much extra Lightscribe media costs.

But then again, I have it too...
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up