Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!  (Read 5361 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 06:20:33 pm »

um so,
what exactly do black beans have to do with anything?

Dude... it's like sass in the main... If you need an actual logical answer, maybe the beans are black because it is a dire situation.  BLACK BEANS DOGG!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 08:04:15 pm »

What exactly do pickles on parade have to do with anything?  It just sounds like trouble.
Logged
~

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 08:42:22 pm »

The use of "Mega" as a catch-all prefix reminded me a lot of Captain N and The Gamemaster, where they had Megaman use "Mega" as a catch-all prefix for... no particular reason, just to give him a catchphrase to build the merchandising/vocal performance around. This is not really important in anyway but it is at least a thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

yotayquiero

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 09:27:51 pm »

um so,
what exactly do black beans have to do with anything?

Clearly, he is referring to the infamous Black Bean Episode (http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/BB/qmb1.html), in which 176 fighters for Texan independence who had escaped a Mexican prison camp and been recaptured were sentenced to decimation by lottery.  They were ordered to draw out of a canvas bag filled with 176 beans, 17 of which were black.  The men who drew the black beans were executed by firing squad.  Those are some black beans.

I am a texan and a schoolteacher.  I am sorry about this.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 09:42:18 pm »

Clearly, he is referring to the infamous Black Bean Episode (http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/BB/qmb1.html), in which 176 fighters for Texan independence who had escaped a Mexican prison camp and been recaptured were sentenced to decimation by lottery.  They were ordered to draw out of a canvas bag filled with 176 beans, 17 of which were black.  The men who drew the black beans were executed by firing squad.  Those are some black beans.

I am a texan and a schoolteacher.  I am sorry about this.

All I can say is thankyou.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 10:07:19 pm »

T is rolling up a dongamari.

You get hell of cans for that.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 10:39:34 pm »

Shit's gonna hit the fan.  Ray just gave up his frontweight.  Black Beans!!!

Also, thank you yotayquiero.

EDUCATION

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 06:10:51 am »

  Lyle, you truly are king of kings.

Wouldn't it be nice to see the King in a panel? I hope that is where this is leading.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2006, 01:20:44 am »

Wouldn't it be nice to see the King in a panel? I hope that is where this is leading.

To be honest, that is my secret hope for EVERY Achewood strip.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2006, 12:38:46 am »

I know this is like a week old at this point, but I just had this sudden realization that Teodor, when his weight is miscalibrated, is basically the same as this old roomate I had, when he was stoned. He used to walk around saying things in almost the exact same tone, complete with liberal self-identification as a "genius!". Once, he got high, and thought I wasn't in the apartment anymore, and I hear him in the living room say "I am alone... ...I am the king!"

Sorry, I was just compelled to share this random memory here.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 2, 2006: Look at the genius!
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2006, 05:51:16 am »

I know this is like a week old at this point, but I just had this sudden realization that Teodor, when his weight is miscalibrated, is basically the same as this old roomate I had, when he was stoned. He used to walk around saying things in almost the exact same tone, complete with liberal self-identification as a "genius!". Once, he got high, and thought I wasn't in the apartment anymore, and I hear him in the living room say "I am alone... ...I am the king!"

That was this weeks installment of why you shouldnt have a roommate.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up