Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That you can post photos to the TOUAMB Flickr Pool?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible Beach Boys Reunion  (Read 993 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Possible Beach Boys Reunion
« on: June 14, 2006, 02:08:52 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 02:49:23 pm »

It would've been good news to me 15 years ago.  Now... I mean, who cares?  What relevance would they still have?

You can't relive those glory days.  Look at the Rolling Stones.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:17:21 pm »

You're right.  15 years ago they were only 25 years past their glory days.  They were past their glory days before you were born so how could you have ever cared?

I care because I love the Beach Boys music and have had the pleasure of seeing them (more or less) intact on several occasions.  I'm not re-living my glory days because these are my glory days.  Every day is a glory day.

You're 30 years old now Jough, you should realize that older people still have a lot to offer.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 03:18:25 pm »

Dude, I'm only 30 and I'm realising that I pretty much have nothing to offer the world anymore.  People older than me are just in the way now.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Beach Boys Reunion
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 03:31:07 pm »

Dude, I'm only 30 and I'm realising that I pretty much have nothing to offer the world anymore.  People older than me are just in the way now.

Maybe they'll pull a Gang of Four/Cracker and release a covers album of their own songs.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up