Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Crime drama, 1980: Magnum PI. 2005: NUMB3RS. One based on smiling and helicopters, one on showcasing higher math. Explain discrepancy.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: tea and oranges that come all the way from China - July 12, 2006  (Read 6420 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
Re: tea and oranges that come all the way from China - July 12, 2006
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 07:18:48 am »

This reminds me of a question I've had about Hallelujah for a while: what's up with the fact that neither of the covers of it I've heard cover the actual last half of the song and instead use the same set of different verses? Is there some kind of story behind this? I like both last halves, but it doesn't seem to make much sense.

I'm pretty sure Cohen wrote something like fifteen verses, and recorded different versions himself.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up