Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Who to tour after nearly 25 years  (Read 1595 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Who to tour after nearly 25 years
« on: July 14, 2006, 05:40:23 pm »

I love the Who, but they really piss me off sometimes. This article says they are to tour for the first time in 25 years.  What utter bullshit.  They've toured numerous times during that period.  I myself saw them perform about 5 years ago (they were great btw).  If a band from Shepherds Bush England is playing a concert in Houston Texas, United States as part of a series of concerts across the country does that not constitute a tour?  I know this is just the entertainment press, but don't they have any responsibility at all to at least bury somewhere in the story that The Who have in fact been touring their asses off for the last 25 years?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The Who to tour after nearly 25 years
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 06:42:31 pm »

This is the first time they'll be touring with Keith Moon in 25 years, though.  They put his ashes in the bass drum.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: The Who to tour after nearly 25 years
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:58:15 pm »

This is the first time they'll be touring with Keith Moon in 25 years, though.  They put his ashes in the bass drum.

Actually I heard his Angry Head was going to be beatboxin' the entire rhythm section. 
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The Who to tour after nearly 25 years
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 07:28:45 pm »

This is the first time they'll be touring with Keith Moon in 25 years, though.  They put his ashes in the bass drum.

And Entwistle's bones are proped up in a corner of the stage.

I get it now.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The Who to tour after nearly 25 years
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 09:10:55 pm »

The 'Oo played here in England a scant few weeks ago, possibly multiple times. Some of my friends went to see them. I could not bring myself to go; If John Entwhistle and Keef ain't there, it just don't seem right.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: The Who to tour after nearly 25 years
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 08:58:40 am »

My special lady friend loves "The Ox".   (It was a treat to see her light up, when she noticed the Flaming Lip: Michael was wearing a skeleton costume)

She has a ton of his solo stuff on vinyl.   

We had tickets to their '02 show.  Luckily I caught the news first, and was able to gently explain to her, that he would not be attending.

Maybe they mean, "The Who Still Tour After Nearly 25 Years".
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up