Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that there is no way to put a picture of a pug in the News Box?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)  (Read 25207 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2006, 02:40:05 am »

Jough: Yes, I bled from two noses.  Actually I had a double nostril nose bleed and the SO had a single nostril nose bleed.  So it was a double nose, three nostril nose bleed.  We're having a drought here... I saw a news thing where a farmer stuck his arm into a crack in his field that was almost to his elbow.

Jough and Wombat:  The need to tell stories, for me at least is a somewhat desperate act.  It's actually a lot like vomiting when you're really drunk - you don't really want to but it's urgently necessary to let the poisen out and a deep relief when over.  It's sometimes a really enjoyable experience, but sometimes not.  With the five years I devoted to this play, a lot of the fun writing happened about a year ago.  The past 5 months or so have been all about fixing the problems that were pointed out to me via my dramaturge.  It's basically the post writing, editing process that I really hate. 

After I wrote the previous post I sort of fixed the problem, or at least made it... better.  I wrote in a mini scene where one character, dressed with Halloween-style-Indian costume lobs suction cup arrows at another character.  I've just got a final re-read and polish-up and then I'll send it in on Monday. 

Also, I've already started my next play - research for it will require me to go to church, participate in ancient pantheistic rituals, and also travel deep into a wooded area of Quebec.  It's going to be a laugh-riot compaired to the last one.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2006, 03:17:41 am »

yeah, jough, in the depressing conclusion of our Saga, I cleaned my room. but the girl never called back (I had left her a message). and I was told by a friend of hers that she is bothered by how often I call her, so I decided not to call again.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #137 on: July 29, 2006, 12:32:43 pm »

I was dreaming that there was this Korean kid (well he was about 19.. so not really a kid per se) on a talk show devoted to what happened when their village was wiped out and the military ran an orphanage for him.  He was telling the story of how his sister was buried in an unmarked grave next to the place and that there was a Marine who was going to take him there the first day to "get it out of the way."

"What we'll do" he said putting on a voice much like the Drill Seargent from Full Metal Jacket, "is negotiate a left turn and head directly toward the back where you will have 15 minutes of grief.  After this, you are to forget her and move on because I cannot have any pussies in my squad!"  His eyes were sort of bemused, but also very sad and you could tell that the "audience" fell in love with him immediately.  He was indeed charming.

However...

The entire time he was speaking there was this other guy with his arm on the shoulder of the show's host.  This guy totally distracted me from the poignant story because he was metal.  It was kind of like he had put aluminium siding around his body.  He wasn't smooth like Destro but he had a similar look, just with the shingling and the occasional nail to hold it up.  The absurdity of this metalman nodding solemnly haunted the shit out of me. 

Then a truck blew the loudest horn I've ever heard from the highway that is about 100 yards from my bed and I shot up, startled.  I tried and tried to fall back asleep so I could find out more about this Metal Man, but he would not come back.  Now I'm all agitated.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #138 on: July 29, 2006, 06:32:10 pm »

Oh! Oh!  I am truly a geek because I just had my first ever TOUAMBIE dream last night.  It was pretty awesome.  Here's how it went:

It was day time, but the sky was dark grey like it is just before a major storm.  I was walking along in front of this suburban style house with Paul, and he was being really sweet and funny, and I was just so happy that we all decided to get together.  Paul and I rounded the corner to walk behind the house, and he was joking as we waved at Jough. Behind and surrounding the backyard/garden was a huge corn field that spread out in all directions, and I was surprised because I thought we were in the suburbs, so I didn't quite look over at Jough.  "Oh, there's Joe.  Isn't it funny that he made such a fuss about his name, when really it's just Joe?  Hi Joe!" Paul said, and Jough waved at us.  I didn't really get a good look at him, but he was blond.  That's all I remember about him.  Jough was on the edge of a large mucky tilled garden behind the house, sort of working on the garden.  He was using his hands, in large gloves, but had some tools around too.   And the mucky garden was full of people, all very muddy, who were working in the garden - these were all of the posters.  I couldn't recognize any of them, but then I realized that that made sense since I hadn't actually met any of them in person before.  They looked like plantation slaves, and they were all caught up in their work, and had mud up to their knees.  Most paid no mind to Paul or I, and Jough was busy making sure everyone was working, but it was understood that he and Paul and I would hang out together later, and probably have beer and something to eat.  Paul and I walked around the garden, toward the corn field.  He and I were chatting, but I was too distracted by his accent and wasn't really listening to the content of the conversation, so I was a little confused, and just agreed and smiled.  We walked into the corn, and turned down a row of corn, where Aloha Dawg, with the face and body of the man, was crouched naked on the muddy ground, sort of snarling, and I thought that this made sense for a bulldog, and was not afraid. Paul said something about it being best to ignore him when he was in this sort of mood, so we walked past him, and his face turned into his avatar, which for whatever reason, scared me, so I was happy to leave.  We kept walking, and I was noticing how muddy the row we were walking down was - my feet were sort of sticking in a suction-y way to the mud.  We came up to Mr. Q who was also crouched in the mud, wearing only white boxer shorts, sort of sculpting the mud, and he was really hyper and happy to see us, but when he and Paul started talking, I realized that I couldn't understand either of them.  I tried harder to listen, but I couldn't understand them.  It seems that they were talking about what Mr. Q was doing to do with the mud, or at least about all the mud.  I remember thinking that it was so cool that I was having this dream, and that I couldn't wait to post about it.  I got a really strong urge to go find Jough again, and I was so happy that he was really just "Joe," and that not everything was so complicated, but I was scared of getting lost in the corn.  I mentioned to Mr. Q that Paul had found out that Jough was just Joe, and he laughed, but he was still only speaking in a way I couldn't comprehend, so I just sort of stood around waiting for Paul to guide me out. 

And that was my dream.

Even better than the dream, I woke up this morning, made all the final edits on my play, and sent it in to the artistic director.  I'm DONE!  Yay.  Probably this will put an end to the fucked up dreams though.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 08:14:51 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2006, 06:40:03 pm »

Right, so Jough was treating us like plantation slaves? And we could not appease him even with all our hard work?

Dear. God. I. Am. Not. A. Religious. Man. But. Please. Help. Me. See. The. Connection. Here.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #140 on: July 29, 2006, 06:53:21 pm »

That is awesome. 

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #141 on: July 29, 2006, 08:49:57 pm »

Yeah.. I... I am just glad someone is dreaming about me I guess.


Even if I have to be a mud sculptor.


Wait... come to think of it.. that doesn't sound like a bad gig.  *Strips to his boxer shorts*


P.S.  I'm pretty sure that it wasn't me, but that it was your SO and you just got confused.  It's okay... we laugh about it all the time together, your SO and I.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2006, 09:07:39 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2006, 09:50:22 pm »

I just want to add that had you not awoken Side Show, I would have led you out of the muddy cornfield.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2006, 10:04:42 pm »

Smells, you should tell them about those other dreams about me you had.  Wink wink, nudge nudge, etc.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2006, 12:03:56 am »

Smells, you should tell them about those other dreams about me you had.  Wink wink, nudge nudge, etc.

"No, Jough! Don't kick the puppiessssss" -wakes up to concerned look on SO's face-
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 12:09:19 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2006, 02:03:15 am »

dang, mel, even your dreams are awesome.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2006, 11:27:50 am »

That dream is just plain brilliant. The slaves thing is just perfect and now Q is permanently associated with that guy from close encounters.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I had a dream (more literal, less important than MLKs)
« Reply #147 on: July 31, 2006, 03:20:05 pm »

Thanks all... I'd like to take credit for it, but it was my subconscious brain that did it. 

Last night, my dream was that several  heavy key chains with many keys hovered over mine and my SO's heads, just waiting to fall and smack us in the face.  I was filled with dread at the prospect of the keys hitting us in our sleeping faces and I awoke waving my hands over my head, the keys vanishing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up