Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

How Does He Smell?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Vacation '07  (Read 7944 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2007, 07:30:16 pm »

We stayed at the Essex Inn last month.  It was reasonably nice and reasonably priced.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2007, 07:45:09 pm »

I'm going to Florida in two weeks.  Perhaps Georgia as well.  I would love to meet any TOUAMBers along the way.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2007, 08:01:15 pm »

We are being boho hippies, staying in a youth hostel, going on walking tours and pub crawls.  Rock!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2007, 08:48:06 pm »

well, if you drive up to virginia first, and then down... I would be on the way! Also, golfhaus!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 11:13:50 pm »

Last night I inherited three teenagers (one a distant relation to Spouse) whose other accommodations fell through. Turns out the Aunt they had scheduled to stay with decided to extend her stay in Hawaii despite committing to let them stay with her (!) so they could have a surf holiday.

Now THAT's a Hunt's Move. Awesome that you guys came through in the clutch though.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 01:52:27 am »

I want to learn how to surf so much. The beach is...

I want to say "coded in my DNA," but that is not possible.
The Beach is my Natural Habitat, as set in my psyche by early-life experience. Being at the beach...
for me it is like when Roast Beef and Ray and Teodor have the dong-weights. It is like that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Summer Vacation '07
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 01:16:44 am »

I would, except that Orange County is very far away. Also, if I get 3 days off in a row I'm going to go to the beach with my family. and if I get 4, I am going to Virginia to visit my friend (who I dreampt was pregnant last night, thanks to JL.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up