Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!  (Read 8116 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2006, 01:37:01 am »

I'm just gonna say that a dude in Ray's sex situation should maybe not be passing judgement. Who knows, he might score some sysadmin-loving 'tang, maybe get into a meet-and-bang with some ladies from rec.arts.tv.man-from-atlantis.
Logged

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2006, 07:49:37 am »

I think it's because it's still perceived as a novelty. Women who can talk about computers/roleplaying games/Insert Nerd Guy Thing Here are not actually all that rare, but most male nerds are still convinced that they've struck gold every time they meet one.

I think we just tend to get into nerd hobbies a bit later in life than guys do... but they just remember when they were 14 and couldn't get any girls to play D&D with them. (I shouldn't really say "we"... I started playing D&D at 13 and eventually became my DM's first girlfriend... ah, dork love!) Or perhaps girls DO get interested in those things while young, but remain in hiding until enough of their peers have developed basic social and bathing skills.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2006, 02:52:36 pm »

One thing I just realized -- how can Ray start a family if he's neutered?
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2006, 03:17:49 pm »

He can still sport wood!

Younger male nerds tend to have really unrealistic expectations of the uh... physical dimensions of their potential trophy brides for guys who basically have permanent cheeto-finger.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2006, 05:17:07 pm »

One thing I just realized -- how can Ray start a family if he's neutered?

I can think of three theories, in roughly declining order of pedantic pretension:

1) As in the "Crisis of Infinite Achewoods" theory of continuity, we are looking at a strip set in a continuity in which Ray was not neutered. This would fit with the drift of the strip lately, in which any vestige of the cats being owned by humans has been gradually removed.
2) Ray's attempt to be bombastic towards Beef leave him saying things that are technically impossible.
3) Onstad forgot.

Logged

Pimp_skitters

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 75
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2006, 06:29:21 pm »


1) As in the "Crisis of Infinite Achewoods" theory of continuity, we are looking at a strip set in a continuity in which Ray was not neutered. This would fit with the drift of the strip lately, in which any vestige of the cats being owned by humans has been gradually removed.
2) Ray's attempt to be bombastic towards Beef leave him saying things that are technically impossible.
3) Onstad forgot.


  I think 3 is most likely, but 1 is more appealing to fans. Are we in Ultimate Achewood or Achewood 616?
  I'm sort of glad Onstad has phased out the whole "underground" thing, which was awkward and left far too many strips unexplainable. I think we're now pretty much in the world of Achewood as alternate reality unto itself rather than a hidden world with in our world.
Logged
Not often here.
  I'm currently pursuing more face to face interactions from now on, but feel free to PM me.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2006, 11:05:54 pm »

  I'm sort of glad Onstad has phased out the whole "underground" thing, which was awkward and left far too many strips unexplainable. I think we're now pretty much in the world of Achewood as alternate reality unto itself rather than a hidden world with in our world.

I don't think it's phased-out so much as just not mentioned all that often. Yes, they hang out in the Achewood, CA Underground, but they don't talk about it. It'd be like two guys who live in Sacramento saying "Okay, I'll meet you on Winston Drive.. IN SACRAMENTO. They've opened up a new restaurant in SACRAMENTO that I want to try SACRAMENTO."

It doesn't happen. Or maybe in Sacramento it does.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2006, 06:18:15 am »

If rich humans can buy new hair, new breasts, etc... one would expect that a rich cat could buy new nards. He owns lasers and helicopters and human heads, one could presume that cutting edge nard-cloning technology is not beyond him.

Or, alternatively, knocking out Little Nephew and surgically stealing his nards... a relative so that the odds of his body rejecting the nards are slim... and Mos Nef is actually wandering around with goat nards or possibly even onions swinging around in his cat package.

Dude may be shooting bullets and yet bullets that are not his own.

(...do they still give out No-Prizes?)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2006, 06:33:38 am »

um, wasn't it established that Ray was not the cat  referred to? Like, in the same strip?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2006, 06:44:34 pm »

um, wasn't it established that Ray was not the cat  referred to? Like, in the same strip?

I don't believe so... but either way, it was good, because it gave me the opportunity to write "nard" five... and now six!... times.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 07:26:34 pm »

um, wasn't it established that Ray was not the cat  referred to? Like, in the same strip?
I don't know, but this strip seems to verify it was Ray (if only going on his facial expression in the last panel).

That said, I know Achewood continuity is usually a bonus more than anything else (see: Teodor dying) but damn is it fun to be pedantic.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 10:06:54 pm »

ray wasn't neutered, it was just a vasectomy. Those are pretty easy to reverse.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 04:16:46 am »

I am not sure if this applies to pets and such, but in humans castration usually refers only to removal of the testes and not the entire c*ck (which is called a penectomy). I would imagine even castrati would like to be able to urinate normally sometimes. I always assumed Ray just got his balls chopped off and not his weiner, leaving him still able to sport wood.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 04:55:16 am »

I am not sure if this applies to pets and such, but in humans castration usually refers only to removal of the testes and not the entire c*ck (which is called a penectomy). I would imagine even castrati would like to be able to urinate normally sometimes. I always assumed Ray just got his balls chopped off and not his weiner, leaving him still able to sport wood.

EDUCATION:

I have two cats and a friend who was a veterinary tech. She explained to me that when boy cats are "fixed", they just surgically open the scrotum and remove the vas defrens. Scrotum remains intact, but there is no way for the animal to produce sperm and since there are no more male hormones there is no wood, no spraying, and no other types of male homrone-related behavior. Unfortunately, if you get a boy cat and neglect to have him fixed early enough before he learns to spray, he'll continue the spraying behavior even after becoming a eunuch.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 06:13:41 am by linnea »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Sep 2006 - Her tits would fall off and roll under the couch!
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 07:17:40 am »

Ray certainly knew how to spray.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up