Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007  (Read 4830 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007, 01:36:21 am »

None of the places that Mrs. West or I have delivered for (or managed, in Mrs. West's case) have ever pool delivery driver tips, taken a cut or kept any record.  Chains represented include: Papa John's, Domino's, Pantera's, Godfathers and at least two independents.

Then I'm even more confused. What's LN's point then?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007, 01:49:21 am »

Beat's me.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007, 02:14:47 am »

I think the only time places pool tips is when there is a purpose, like the busboy-waiter relationship. 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007, 05:20:00 pm »

Turns out the little smug fucker was right.  The MacBook is exactly the right size for me, and will do everything I need it to do.  Plus, I like the looks better than the Pro anyway. 


So he gets points for integrity, right?  I mean - he's not selling hamburgers, he's selling stuff you have to drop a serious chunk of change on.  In my book that makes him a better salesman, and someone I'm more likely to go to next time I'm buying complicated expensive stuff.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2007, 08:10:54 am »

LN's bonus is that he gets to eat hell of za fo frizzle (as much free pizza as he wants)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs (written in and around) January 2007
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2007, 08:37:32 pm »

Then I'm even more confused. What's LN's point then?
It's really very simple. The restaurant management makes no effort to get their drivers to report their tips to the IRS. So it's 12k free and clear--no taxes.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up