Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where should I move to?  (Read 15426 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2007, 11:17:54 pm »

Also, even if you enjoy a lifestyle free of the chafing hand of the Man, there is always the risk of things getting downright... Hobbesian out there, what with all sorts of other people who also enjoy that freedom and feel comfortable enforcing it via the murder act. (Hello, Joe Vogler! Also, the kid in my sixth-grade class who got shot for trespassing.)
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2007, 11:20:42 pm »

And Norfolk VA in first place?  Didn't I say I wanted to live in a big city?

A lot a lot a lot of people live in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and the surrounding area (I think they like to call it "Hampton Roads").  So I wonder if the site treats it like a big city on that basis, even though it doesn't feel like one, at all.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #107 on: March 15, 2007, 11:22:40 pm »

Oh man, Joe Vogler. Nice.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #108 on: March 15, 2007, 11:56:48 pm »

1. I think I've made the point abundantly clear that I hate The Man's grip.
2. Norfolk is a pretty big city. I lost the right to drive in Virginia while on a trip there. Virginia beach is beautiful.
3. How do i get hooked up with the indoor compound?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #109 on: March 16, 2007, 02:52:19 am »

A lot a lot a lot of people live in Norfolk, Virginia Beach, and the surrounding area (I think they like to call it "Hampton Roads").  So I wonder if the site treats it like a big city on that basis, even though it doesn't feel like one, at all.

Yes... yes they/we do. Norfolk was #3 for me, Charlotte, #4. So my move was apparently a bit of a downgrade. But the housing is better and cheaper here.

My #1 - El Paso, TX. Yikes.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Where should I move to?
« Reply #110 on: March 16, 2007, 03:24:47 am »

My brother lived in El Paso for a bit not long after he graduated from university. I would have thought it would work well for him, but he has nothing but bad things to say about it, if I can get him to do anything more than shudder.

A-CAP, are you referring to my indoor compound?
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up