Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE  (Read 5271 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 04:18:09 am »

I'm fairly certain that neither me nor Onstad originated the phrase "have some dignity" but I still think of the board whenever I hear it in the popular culture (i.e. in a movie, on a T.V. show, etc.).

And V, stop trying to make "hove" happen.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 04:33:53 am »

This is a fight I have given up, Jough, in an attempt to hove a little dignity myself.
Logged

iron_felix

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 373
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 06:40:57 am »

If we give out awards for threads on an "of all time" kind of basis, it might be better to put them into some sort of Hall of Fame, either by literally moving the threads into a new sub-forum, or just honoring them appropriately should they still be active.  We'd have to set the bar pretty high, though (top 10, maybe, for the inaugural class?); once we start letting Bill Mazeroski-grade threads in the whole thing'll just turn into a huge mess.

Sorry, this is a serious thread. I'll start making some serious suggestions:

Best Mixdisc? It was a relatively small thing last time, and not everyone heard them, so I'm afraid this might be a bit of a doozy.

You only want this one because you are the obvious winner.  Where's the follow up btw.   Dude!

It just occurred to me - there are a bunch of new people who weren't around for last year's swap.  A follow-up would indeed be nice.  I think I am off now to create a new thread on the matter.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 12:10:47 pm »

best man posing with a large knife category
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 10:35:50 pm »

best man posing with a large knife category
See I think we're only awarding things from the last year and you haven't had that avatar for at least that long... I think.
Also if we're going to start breaking out knife pictures I'll make sure you have competition.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 11:03:36 pm »

best man posing with a large knife category

Wait, that wasn't even you. It was your friend.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: TOUAMBIES DOS Y CALIENTE
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2007, 03:06:19 am »

I have a couple of my own. I just find it judicious to hide them since I am a middle eastern male with a security clearance.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up