Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night  (Read 2526 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile

Frank Black - May 26, 2007, 8p - 11:30p

Unfortunatly I will be out of the area, at Sasquatch up in George, WA that night.

Sure as hell though, I'd rather see Frank than Bjork.   This news comes as a blow.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:04:07 pm »

Bite your tongue, sir.  Bjork is up there on my list of celebrity crushes, behind Gillian Anderson but ahead of Jodi Foster.  I'd watch her drink coffee, let alone perform.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:09:34 pm »

jaydub.... that is an interesting list of lady celebrities to crush on.  In another day and time, you would have been well to work the circus side show circuit.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:29:36 pm »

I am frightened of Bjork... however not so frightened that I would not have sex with her. She's sexy in a weird sort of way. I don't think I would... leave any sort of traceable information with her, though. She seems legitimately off her rockets. I would not call it a celebrity crush, though.

Jodie Foster is... attractive? But when a lady is that obviously not into dudes, I find my ability to crush significantly dampened. Any sexual encounter with her would involve a strap-on and the death of my anal virginity and I am not into either of those things. If I can keep strap-ons away from me until the end of time, unless I am somehow reincarnated as a hot lesbian for some reason, I will be pretty happy.

I tend to crush on girl-next-door celebrity type ladies. You seem to like... the murderous librarian sort of dame.

This world takes all kinds.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 08:22:35 pm »

Oh, I'm happy as hell to be seeing Bjork live, but there's a reason I've seen Frank Black/The Pixies 7 times.  It burns me a bit that he'll be playing a few miles from my office, but I won't be around to see him.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:39:24 pm »

Girls next door, FTW (Fuck the World, not "For the Win")!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 09:08:25 pm »

You seem to like... the murderous librarian sort of dame.

This world takes all kinds.

Hmmm...I think that's pretty good.  I like strong women.  Not necessarily take-charge, but the kind I don't need to worry about.  They can take care of themselves, thank you, and we meet as equals - which I find more appealing than someone who looks to me to solve all their problems and protect them (and would probably take off when someone stronger comes along).


p.s.  It turns out they're all older than me, too: Foster b.1962; Bjork b.1965 and Anderson b.1968.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 11:40:32 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 04:04:53 am »

I, too, have a huge crush on Bjork. I about died with laughter with Lore Fitzgerald Sjoberg penned that great song about Bjork and his love for her.

Also, Gillian Anderson is hottttt.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 05:16:23 am »

I've seen Frank Black perform.  Didn't do a fuck*ng thing for me.  I've been waiting for Bjork to come to town for years.  Sadly, I am still waiting.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 02:14:13 am »

I kind of stepped on my dick here, I guess. Thankfully I did see Frank play last time through. I would always go see him, though. Lots of fun. I just wish he had played Robert Onion.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 03:01:11 am »

Reading some show reports, it's pretty different this time around.

Just a guitar, drum, and bass.   Frank isn't playing, only singing.  The guitar player from the opening band in Portland is now playing guitar for him.  He played Robert Onion, and covered a Fatboy Slim song.   I think the days of Nashville twang have passed for a while.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 03:10:15 am »

He played Robert Onion.

Well that's just super news. I'm going to go take a bath, then.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2007, 01:07:25 am »

I, too, have a huge crush on Bjork. I about died with laughter with Lore Fitzgerald Sjoberg penned that great song about Bjork and his love for her.
Also, Gillian Anderson is hottttt.

hu hu, grr STAMPA STAMPA
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Attention Nabubrush: Frank Black playing in Salem, Tomorrow Night
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2007, 01:28:48 am »

hu hu, grr STAMPA STAMPA

I...I fail to get the reference. Is that a reference to the Bjork song? I don't remember that.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up