Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007  (Read 7192 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 06:57:39 am »

Another instance of Beef smiling, if anyone's still interested.

That is indeed an awesome strip. Now all you need to do is learn how not to link to ass-bar, like so: one types this: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=  and then the date of the strip in mmddyyyy format, like so: 11202006 so putting it all together one gets: http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11202006

It's just that easy.
Logged

RMJ12345

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 45
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 381
  • all employing the principles of hopping
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2007, 03:43:28 pm »

I understand how to do it, and usually I do for daily strips etc. It's just an unnecessary hassle in the middle of a conversation - I rarely use assetbar, but if I'm on it, I'm going to link to it, since I don't hate assetbar all that much and I spend too much time making the hyperlink anyway.

If you want to see it in traditional mode, you can change the URL. It's just that easy.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2007, 08:41:25 pm »

The one near my house is actually called "Moe's Pizza," even.  Maybe it's a different franchise, but it's in the same part of the country and they use the "Welcome to Moe's!" catchphrase and everything, so I don't think that's it.

There seem to be many Moe's eating establishments.  The one I thought of is Moe's Southwest Grill (warning: music), which makes a decent burrito but they better not try to expand out here or they will be ruined by the many Xberto's.  I asked for Carne Asada at a Moe's when I was home for Christmas and they apparently don't use that term there.

Mr. Moe's Restaurant and Bar (warning: popup) does not seem to be one of the establishments in question here, but it's fully half of the first Google page and apparently has moose juice?

I don't think this Moe's Pizza is the one mentioned, but it has a truly awesome website.

I can not find evidence of this particular Moe's restaurant that serves pizza on any of the interwebs.  It must not exist.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2007, 08:55:14 pm »

yeah, I work at Moe's Southwest Grill.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 02:36:27 am »

I think Achewood is perpetually jumping the shark, and then swimming under it, and then setting up to jump it again.  I do not think this is a bad thing.  But since the very nature of the strip is that it's constantly redefining itself, to say that it jumped the shark is just missing the point.

Achewood is the Madonna of web comics.

Beatrice

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 280
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2007, 08:04:41 pm »

1.  All this talk about shark jumping makes me think of "Air Jaws."

2.  Moe's sucks. QDope-A rocks.

3.  Kittens! I'm okay with that.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2007, 08:34:09 pm »

no way! Qdoba is not as good at all.

I cannot give a good reason for this. mostly that my parents love Qdoba, and so we eat their food whenever we get take-out. I am sick of qdoba.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2007, 02:32:56 am »

Personally I like Q-doba just a little bit better.  Q-doba's roasted veggies are hell of tasty.  I like the fact that I can get more burrito dressings at Moe's (cilantro, chopped jalapenos, onions and so forth).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2007, 01:23:00 pm »

Baja Fresh is the best burrito chain around, mi amigos.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2007, 01:53:49 pm »

Baja Fresh is the best burrito chain around, mi amigos.

It was. They just changed a bunch of stuff up. I don't think any items come with rice or beans on the side any more and they switched to Coke.

California Tortilla is still completely inedible.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: DAMMIT I MADE ALL THESE POTATOES - May 31st 2007
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2007, 02:41:46 pm »

I haven't been to Qdoba in a long time, but maaan, let me tell you...Chipotle rocks the hell out of their guacamole, ANY DAY OF THE WEEEK.

I usually get black beans, rice, pico de gallo and a medium or hot salsa, and a side of guac. Jesus, it's the most grelicious thing ever.

I have heard that Chipotle is owned by McDonald's... which really bothers me. That's why I won't google it online, because if they are, then I can never eat there again. *sniffle*
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up